Immunology and Serology in Laboratory Medicine - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 6th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Most review copies are eBooks – how fast!
If you want your students to succeed in today's modern laboratory environment, then you need the insightful guidance found in Immunology & Serology in Laboratory Medicine, 6th Edition. Continuing to set the standard for comprehensive coverage of immunology that's specifically tailored to the needs of today's clinical lab science students, this must-have resource covers everything from mastering automated techniques to understanding immunoassay instrumentation and disorders of infectious and immunologic origin. As with previous editions, trusted author, teacher and former university program director, Mary Louise Turgeon helps students build a solid foundation of knowledge and skills by taking them from basic immunologic mechanisms and serologic concepts to the theory behind the procedures they will encounter in the lab. And now with a new full-color design, additional case studies, a wealth of content updates, and new features, there's never been more reason to rely on Turgeon to stretch students' critical thinking skills and fully prepare them for success in the clinical lab.
- Comprehensive immunology coverage features the latest illustrations, photographs and summary tables to help clarify various concepts and information visually.
- Emphasis on critical thinking utilizes case studies to challenge readers to apply their knowledge to practice.
- Procedural protocols move readers from immunology theory to practical aspects of the clinical lab.
- Chapter highlights and review questions at the end of each chapter offer opportunities for review and self-assessment.
- Learning objectives and key terms at the beginning of each chapter outline the important vocabulary, information, and concepts found in the chapter.
- Glossary at the end of the book provides a quick reference to key terms and definitions.
- NEW! Full color diagrams and micrographs increase comprehension and gives readers a much better sense of what they will encounter in the lab.
- NEW! Updated content on vaccines, tumor immunology, transplant rejection, immunotherapies, instrumentation for molecular diagnosis, the immune response, and more ensures readers are prepared for immunology in today's clinical lab.
- NEW! Additional case studies allow readers to apply knowledge to real world situations and stretch their critical thinking skills.
- NEW! Reformatted chapter review questions reflect the multiple choice styles encountered on exams.
Mary Louise Turgeon, EdD, MLS(ASCP)CM, Associate Professor (Adjunct), University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas; Clinical Laboratory Education Consultant, Mary L. Turgeon and Associates, Boston, Massachusetts; St. Petersburg, Florida