Immunology and Serology in Laboratory Medicine - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 6th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 3 years of online and perpetual offline access. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- Comprehensive immunology coverage features the latest illustrations, photographs and summary tables to help clarify various concepts and information visually.
- Emphasis on critical thinking utilizes case studies to challenge readers to apply their knowledge to practice.
- Procedural protocols move readers from immunology theory to practical aspects of the clinical lab.
- Chapter highlights and review questions at the end of each chapter offer opportunities for review and self-assessment.
- Learning objectives and key terms at the beginning of each chapter outline the important vocabulary, information, and concepts found in the chapter.
- Glossary at the end of the book provides a quick reference to key terms and definitions.
- NEW! Full color diagrams and micrographs increase comprehension and gives readers a much better sense of what they will encounter in the lab.
- NEW! Updated content on vaccines, tumor immunology, transplant rejection, immunotherapies, instrumentation for molecular diagnosis, the immune response, and more ensures readers are prepared for immunology in today's clinical lab.
- NEW! Additional case studies allow readers to apply knowledge to real world situations and stretch their critical thinking skills.
- NEW! Reformatted chapter review questions reflect the multiple choice styles encountered on exams.
Mary Louise Turgeon, EdD, MLS(ASCP)CM, Associate Professor (Adjunct), University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas; Clinical Laboratory Education Consultant, Mary L. Turgeon and Associates, Boston, Massachusetts; St. Petersburg, Florida