Saunders Q & A Review Cards for the NCLEX-RN® Examination, 3rd Edition
With Saunders Q & A Review Cards for the NCLEX-RN® Exam, 3rd Edition, you can study in a flash – anytime and anywhere! From Linda Silvestri and Angela Silvestri, the foremost experts in NCLEX prep, comes an updated collection of portable review cards with practice questions that reflect the latest NCLEX-RN test plan. The ideal companion to Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination, these review cards contain 1,200 practice questions — each including test-taking strategies and detailed rationales for both correct and incorrect answers. Practice questions, organized by clinical area, appear on the front of each card with an icon indicating client need. The reverse side shows answers and rationales, along with Silvestri’s unique test-taking strategies and priority nursing action tips. New to this edition are questions that address current healthcare standards and concerns, and additional alternate item format questions.
- 1,200 practice questions include detailed rationales for both correct and incorrect answers.
- Alternate item format questions include multiple response, prioritizing, fill-in-the-blank, chart/exhibit, and figure/illustration to prepare you for the prioritizing, decision-making, and critical thinking skills needed to pass the NCLEX-RN.
- UNIQUE! Test-taking strategies for each question provide direction and hints to the correct answer.
- UNIQUE! Organization of questions by clinical area lets you focus on areas of weakness and use the cards as study aids in course exams.
- Separate pharmacology section prepares you for the increased emphasis on pharmacology on the NCLEX-RN.
- UNIQUE! Highlighted keywords or phrases in each answer identify a recommended review topic related to the question.
- Color tabs make it quick and easy to locate questions in the various content areas.
- NEW! UPDATED content reflects the most recent NCLEX-RN test plan.
- NEW! An increase in the number of alternate item format questions reflects the growing number of these types of question seen on the NCLEX-RN exam.
Section 1: Fundamentals of Care
Section 2: Leadership/Management/Delegating/Prioritizing
Section 3: Pharmacology
Section 4: Maternity
Section 5: Pediatrics
Section 6: Adult Health
Section 7: Mental Health
Linda Anne Silvestri, PhD, RN, FAAN, Nursing Instructor, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Nevada; President, Nursing Reviews, Inc. and Professional Nursing Seminars, Inc., Henderson, Nevada; Elsevier, Next Generation NCLEX® (NGN) Consultant and Thought Leader and Angela Elizabeth Silvestri, PhD, APRN, FNP-BC, CNE, Assistant Professor and BSN Program Director, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Nevada; President, Nurse Prep, LLC, Henderson, Nevada