Nursing Care Plans - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 9th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Learn to think like a nurse with the bestselling nursing care planning book on the market! Covering the most common medical-surgical nursing diagnoses and clinical problems seen in adults, Nursing Care Plans: Diagnoses, Interventions, and Outcomes, 9th Edition contains 217 care plans, each reflecting the latest best practice guidelines. This new edition specifically features three new care plans, two expanded care plans, updated content and language reflecting the most current clinical practice and professional standards, enhanced QSEN integration, a new emphasis on interprofessional collaborative practice, an improved page design, and more. It’s everything you need to create and customize effective nursing care plans!
- 217 total care plans provide more care plans than any other book.
- Prioritized care planning guidance internally organizes care plans from "actual" to "risk" diagnoses, from general to specific interventions, and from independent to collaborative/interprofessional interventions, to help you select the most important, priority interventions for your particular patients.
- Introductory chapter explains the components of nursing care plans, NANDA-I nursing diagnoses, the NIC and NOC systems, and how to create nursing care plans.
- Latest NANDA-I taxonomy is integrated throughout to incorporate the very latest NANDA-I nursing diagnoses, related factors, and defining characteristics.
- Latest NIC and NOC labels ensure you are made aware of appropriate interventions and outcomes.
- 70 nursing diagnosis care plans include the most common/important NANDA-I nursing diagnoses, providing the building blocks for you to create your own individualized care plans.
- 150 disorders care plans cover virtually every common medical-surgical condition, organized by body system.
- Health promotion and risk factor management care plans emphasize the importance of preventive care and teaching for self-management.
- Basic nursing concepts care plans focuses on concepts that apply to disorders found in multiple body systems.
- Nursing diagnosis care plan format includes a definition/explanation of the diagnosis, related factors, defining characteristics, expected outcomes, related NOC Outcomes and NIC Interventions, ongoing assessment, and therapeutic interventions.
- Disorders care plan format covers synonyms for the disorder (for ease in cross referencing), a definition, common related factors, defining characteristics, expected outcomes, NOC Outcomes and NIC Interventions, ongoing assessment, and therapeutic interventions for each relevant nursing diagnosis.
- Independent and collaborative/interprofessional interventions are highlighted by special icons that differentiate between independent and collaborative/interprofessional interventions.
- 30 online care plans are hosted on the Evolve companion site in a user-friendly PDF format that allows you to cut-and-paste care plan contents to create customized care plans.
- NEW! Three all-new care plans include Readiness for Enhanced Decision-Making, Frail Elderly Syndrome, and Gender Dysphoria.
- NEW! Enhanced QSEN integration includes expanded coverage of the QSEN initiative in the opening chapter, incorporation of QSEN language across care plan rationales, and a greater overall emphasis on the four key QSEN competencies: Patient- Centered Care, Teamwork and Collaboration, Evidence-Based Practice, and Safety.
- NEW! Greater focus on interprofessional collaborative practice addresses the growing interest in interprofessional education and the Teamwork and Collaboration QSEN competency.
- NEW! Expanded rationales now include physiological and pharmacologic effects and actions, the most current nursing interventions and medical treatments, lab values, evidence-based practice, QSEN competencies, and reference to national standards (TJC, CDC, AHA, ONS), nursing standards, and other professional standards.
- NEW! Updated content throughout reflects the latest evidence-based assessments and interventions.
- NEW! Detailed table of contents lists every nursing diagnosis addressed in Chapters 4 through 14 for easier navigation.
- NEW! Improved design offers a more contemporary look that’s easy to use.
- NEW! Collaborative care map creator on the Evolve companion website helps you connect your Yoost & Crawford Fundamentals content with your care planning projects and clinical assignments.
- NEW! Reorganized chapters and care plans include logical combinations and divisions of topics making it easier to navigate throughout the reference.
1. Using Nursing Care Plans to Individualize and Improve Care
2. Nursing Diagnosis Care Plans Activity Intolerance Ineffective Airway Clearance Latex Allergy Response (Online) Anxiety Risk for Aspiration Risk for Bleeding Risk for Unstable Blood Glucose Levels Disturbed Body Image Bowel Incontinence Ineffective Breathing Pattern Decreased Cardiac Output Caregiver Role Strain Impaired Verbal Communication Chronic Confusion Constipation Ineffective Coping Readiness for Enhanced Decision Making NEW! Impaired Dentition (Online) Diarrhea Risk for Electrolyte Imbalance Disturbed Energy Field (Online) Risk for Falls Interrupted Family Processes Fatigue Fear Deficient Fluid Volume Excess Fluid Volume Frail Elderly Syndrome NEW! Impaired Gas Exchange Grieving Complicated Grieving (Online) Ineffective Health Maintenance Ineffective Health Management Impaired Home Maintenance (Online) Hopelessness Hyperthermia (Online) Hypothermia (Online) Functional Urinary Incontinence Reflex Urinary Incontinence Stress Urinary Incontinence Urge Urinary Incontinence Risk for Infection Insomnia Decreased Intracranial Adaptive Capacity Deficient Knowledge Sedentary Lifestyle Impaired Memory Impaired Physical Mobility Nausea Noncompliance Imbalanced Nutrition: Less Than Body Requirements Overweight/Obesity Impaired Oral Mucous Membrane Acute Pain Chronic Pain Post-Trauma Syndrome Powerlessness Rape-Trauma Syndrome Relocation Stress Syndrome Self-Care Deficit: Bathing, Dressing, Feeding, Toileting Situational Low Self-Esteem Ineffective Sexuality Patterns Risk for Impaired Skin Integrity Spiritual Distress Risk for Suicide Impaired Swallowing Impaired Tissue Integrity Ineffective Tissue Perfusion (Peripheral) Urinary Retention Dysfunctional Ventilatory Weaning Response (Online)
1. Health Promotion and Risk Factor Management Care Plans Health-Seeking Behaviors Readiness to Engage in Regular Physical Activity Program Readiness for Enhanced Immunization Status Readiness for Enhanced Nutrition Readiness for Enhanced Sleep Readiness for Managing Stress Readiness for Smoking Cessation Readiness for Weight Management
4. Basic Concepts Care Plans Surgical Experience: Preoperative and Postoperative Care Blood Component Therapy Central Venous Access Devices Parenteral Nutrition Enteral Nutrition Hearing Loss- New Visual Impairment- New Substance Use Disorders Death and Dying: End- of -Life Issues Common Mood Disorders: Depressions and Bipolar Disorder (Online)
5. Cardiac and Vascular Care Plans Acute Coronary Syndromes/Myocardial Infarction Angina Pectoris, Stable Aortic Aneurysm (Online) Atrial Fibrillation Cardiac Rehabilitation Coronary Bypass/Valve Surgery: Postoperative Care Dysrhythmias (Online) Heart Failure, Chronic Hypertension Mitral Valve Prolapse (Online) Pacemaker/Cardioverter-Defibrillator (Online) Percutaneous Balloon Valvuloplasty (Online) Percutaneous Coronary Intervention: PTCA, Atherectomy, Stents Peripheral Arterial Revascularization Peripheral Arterial Occlusive Disease, Chronic Pulmonary Edema, Acute Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (Online) Shock, Anaphylactic (Online) Shock, Cardiogenic Shock, Hypovolemic Shock, Septic Thrombis, Deep Vein Venous Insufficiency, Chronic
6. Pulmonary Care Plans Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) Asthma Chest Trauma Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Cystic Fibrosis (Online) Drowning (Online) Head and Neck Cancer: Surgical Approaches Lung Cancer Mechanical Ventilation Obstructive Sleep Apnea Pneumonia Pneumothorax with Chest Tube (Online) Pulmonary Embolism Pulmonary Tuberculosis Respiratory Failure, Acute Thoracotomy Tracheostomy (Online)
7. Neurological Care Plans Alzheimer's Disease/Dementia Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (Online) Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (Online) Craniotomy Headache: Migraine, Cluster, Tension Intracranial Infection (Online) Intervertebral Disc Disease Lyme Disease (Online) Multiple Sclerosis Myasthenia Gravis (Online) Parkinson's Disease Seizure Activity Spinal Cord Injury Stroke Transient Ischemic Attack/Carotid Endarterectomy (Online) Traumatic Brain Injury West Nile Virus (Online)
8. Gastrointestinal and Digestive Care Plans Bariatric Surgery Bowel Diversion Surgery: Colostomy, Ileostomy Cholecystitis: Laparoscopic/Open, Postoperative care Cirrhosis Colorectal Cancer Gastroenteritis Gastrointestinal Bleeding Hemorrhoids/Hemorrhoidectomy (Online) Hepatitis Inflammatory Bowel Disease Pancreatitis, Acute (Online) Peptic Ulcer Disease
9. Musculoskeletal Care Plans Amputation, Lower Extremity Arthritis, Rheumatoid Arthroscopy Fibromyalgia (Online) Fractures: Extremity and Pelvic Joint Arthroplasty and Replacement: Total Hip, Knee, Shoulder Osteoarthritis Osteomyelitis (Online) Osteoporosis Traction (Online)
10. Hematolymphatic, Immunologic, and Oncologic Care Plans Anemia Cancer Chemotherapy Cancer Radiation Therapy Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (DIC) Hematopoietic Stem Cell Collection (Online) Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation (HSCT) Hemophilia (Online) Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Disease Adult Leukemia- Lymphoma: Hodgkin's Disease; Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma Multiple Myeloma Neutropenia Organ Transplant, Solid Sickle Cell Disease (Online) Systemic Lupus Erythematous
11. Renal and Urinary Tract Care Plans Acute Kidney Injury Chronic Kidney Disease Glomerulonephritis (Online) Hemodialysis Peritoneal Dialysis Renal Calculi Urinary Diversion Urinary Tract Infection
12. Men's and Women’s Health Care Plans Gender Dysphoria NEW! Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) Men: Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) Erectile Dysfunction (ED) (Online) Prostate Cancer Testicular Cancer Women: Breast Cancer/Surgical Management with Breast Reconstructive Option. Cervical Cancer Hysterectomy Menopause Ovarian Cancer Pelvic Inflammatory Disease Pelvic Relaxation Disorder Premenstrual Syndrome (Online)
13. Endocrine and Metabolic Care Plans Adrenal Insufficiency (Addison's Disease) (Online) Cushing's Syndrome Diabetes Insipidus (Online) Diabetes Mellitus Diabetic Ketoacidosis and Hyperglycemic Hyperosmolar Nonketotic Syndrome (Online) Hyperthyroidism Hypothyroidism Syndrome of Inappropriate Antidiuretic Hormone (SIADH) (Online) Thyroidectomy
Meg Gulanick, PhD, RN, FAAN, Professor Emeritus,Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing,Loyola University,Chicago, Illinois and Judith L. Myers, MSN, RN, Formerly Assistant Professor of Nursing,Grand View University,Des Moines, IA