Student Workbook for Essentials of Dental Assisting – Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 6th Edition
Let this dynamic workbook help you better understand, practice, and apply the information in Essentials of Dental Assisting, 6th Edition. Within the workbook are three main sections: practice questions and exercises, competency sheets that outline the steps necessary to master each procedure in the main text, and removable flashcards that focus on key information for on-the-go study. New chapter questions and exercises for the online Interactive Dental Office case-based program provide enhanced practice and application. All workbook content is organized by chapter to make it easy for you to move back and forth from the main text and easily assimilate and apply content.
- Chapter-by-chapter correlation with textbook enables users to seamlessly move between the content in the main text and the competency sheets and exercises in the workbook.
- Chapter exercises utilize short answer, fill-in-the-blank, matching, and multiple-choice formats to help reinforce the learning outcomes, key terminology, and important concepts from the main text.
- Competency evaluation forms are included for all procedures, each outlining the performance objective, grading criteria, and steps necessary to master the procedure.
- Removable flashcards make it easy to review anywhere, anytime.
- Perforated pages allow users to remove exercises for classroom evaluation and competency forms for use in clinical evaluation settings.
- Updated practice questions help to better assess user performance and prepare for classroom and board exams.
- NEW! Interactive Dental Office sections in applicable chapters contain exercises related to the patients in this case-based online resource to help users assimilate content and apply it.
PART 1: The Profession 1. Introduction to Dental Assisting 2. Professional and Legal Aspects of Dental Assisting
PART 2: The Sciences 3. Anatomy and Physiology 4. Dental Anatomy
PART 3: Infection Prevention and Hazardous Materials 5. Disease Transmission 6. Infection Control and Management of Hazardous Materials 7. Surface Disinfection and Treatment Room Preparation 8. Instrument Processing
PART 4: Dental Treatment 9. Clinical Dentistry 10. Moisture Control
PART 5: Patient Care 11. The Dental Patient 12. The Dental Examination 13. Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office 14. Pain and Anxiety Control
PART 6: Dental Imaging 15. Radiation Safety and Production of X-Rays 16. Oral Radiology
PART 7: Preventive Dentistry 17. Preventive Care 18. Coronal Polishing and Dental Sealants
PART 8: Restorative Dentistry 19. Instruments, Handpieces, and Accessories 20. Restorative and Esthetic Materials 21. Restorative Procedures 22. Impression Materials and Laboratory Procedures 23. Prosthodontics and Dental Implants
PART 9: Specialized Dentistry 24. Periodontics 25. Endodontics 26. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 27. Pediatric Dentistry 28. Orthodontics
PART 10: Preparation for Employment 29. The Job Search
Debbie S. Robinson, CDA, MS, Research Assistant Professor, Department of Nutrition, Gilling’s School of Global Public Health; Former Research Assistant, and Project Coordinator, UNC-CH Adams School of Dentistry; Former Director, Dental Assisting and Dental Assisting Specialty Program, UNC-CH Adams, School of Dentistry and Doni L. Bird, CDA, RDA, RDH, MA, Former Director, Dental Education Programs, Santa Rosa Junior College, Santa Rosa, California; Former Director, Dental Assisting Program University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico