Medical Coding Online for Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2018 Edition (Access Card),
Learn and practice medical coding anytime, anywhere with Medical Coding Online for Step-by-Step Medical Coding! Reinforcing concepts from Carol J. Buck’s Step-by-Step text, this dynamic online coding course offers convenient self-study and assessment, including the latest coverage of reimbursement, ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPCS, and inpatient coding. Interactive lessons make learning easier with animations, figures, case-based exercises, narrated slide shows, pop-up definitions, and professional insights. It’s the engaging review and hands-on practice you need to help build real-world coding skills.
Duration for access to this product is for the life of the edition.
- Interactive review exercises in each chapter include case-based coding activities, matching, fill-in-the-blank, multiple-choice, and true/false questions.
- Over 125 illustrations — help you understand the types of medical conditions and procedures being coded, along with examples taken directly from Elsevier's professional ICD-10 and HCPCS manuals.
- Automatically scored exams measure your progress and report directly to your instructor.
- UNIQUE! Real-world coding reports (cleared of all confidential information) simulate the reports you will encounter as a coder and help you apply coding principles to actual cases.
- Hyperlinks connect you to related websites and other Elsevier resources for enhanced learning.
- Definitions for 650 terms may be accessed with a single click, through links to the glossary.
- From the Trenches boxes offer valuable tips and helpful advice for working in today’s medical coding field.
- NEW! Updated content includes the latest coding information available to reinforce accurate coding and success on the job.
- NEW! Additional animations to improve your understanding of important coding concepts.
1. Reimbursement, HIPAA, and Compliance
2. An Overview of ICD-10-CM
3. ICD-10-CM Outpatient Coding and Reporting Guidelines
4. Using ICD-10-CM
5. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 1-10)
6. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 11-14)
7. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 15-21)
8. Introduction to CPT
9. Introduction to the Level II National Codes (HCPCS)
11. Evaluation and Management (E/M) Services
13. Surgery Guidelines and General Surgery
14. Integumentary System
15. Musculoskeletal System
16. Respiratory System
17. Cardiovascular System
18. Hemic, Lymphatic, Mediastinum, and Diaphragm
19. Digestive System
20. Urinary and Male Genital Systems
21. Reproductive, Intersex Surgery, Female Genital System, Maternity Care and Delivery
22. Endocrine and Nervous Systems
23. Eye, Ocular Adnexa, Auditory, and Operating Microscope
27. Inpatient Coding
Online Course Updates
Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN