Virtual Medical Office for Medical Assisting eWorkbook
Simulations - VMO - Digital Workbook
Students develop the critical thinking and decision-making skills needed to confidently succeed in practice with Virtual Medical Office for Medical Assisting. Virtual Medical Office for Medical Assisting includes 15 virtual patient encounters to help students develop the critical thinking and decision-making skills they’ll need in externships and on the job. This innovative learning system simulates the experience of working in a real medical office with an engaging study guide and interactive lessons that enable students to make decisions and learn from mistakes in a realistic and completely safe environment.
- 15 unique cases highlight CAAHEP and ABHES competencies with specific exercises relating to different payers, different billing situations, and common errors
- Nearly two hours of video include five videos for each case: one at check-in, three in the exam room, and one at checkout, providing you with opportunities to practice and learn how patients are processed through the medical office.
- Realistic data includes medical records for each case, an office policy manual, a fee schedule, a daysheet, and more.
- Study guide available in print and on Evolve promotes active learning and encourages critical thinking as you experience realistic patient interaction and perfect communication skills.
- Practice working with realistic documents and information sources, assess you progress and compares results with experts through integrated performance reviews.
- An easy-to-use interface helps you learn at your own pace, breaking lessons into manageable chunks.
- Online lessons allows you to complete assignments and submit them electronically to instructors.
- A detailed office tour makes it easier for you to use the VMO software and the online study guide.
Quick Office Tour
Detailed Office Tour
Lesson 1: The Health Care System and the Professional Medical Assistant
Lesson 2: Ethics and Law for the Medical Office
Lesson 3: Interacting with Patients
Lesson 4: Telephone Techniques
Lesson 5: Scheduling and Managing Appointments
Lesson 6: Scheduling Admissions Procedures
Lesson 7: The Medical Record
Lesson 8: Filing Medical Records
Lesson 9: Written Communications
Lesson 10: Bookkeeping
Lesson 11: Payroll Procedures
Lesson 12: Procedural Coding (E&M and HCPCS)
Lesson 13: Diagnostic Coding
Lesson 14: Medical Insurance
Lesson 15: Medical Office Management
Lesson 16: Medical Asepsis and the OSHA Standard
Lesson 17: Regulated Medical Waste
Lesson 18: Sterilization and Disinfection
Lesson 19: Patient Reception
Lesson 20: Obtaining and Documenting a Health History
Lesson 21: Obtaining Vital Signs
Lesson 22: Preparing and Maintaining Examination and Treatment Areas
Lesson 23: Preparing the Patient and Assisting with a Routine Physical Examination
Lesson 24: Measuring Height and Weight
Lesson 25: Eye and Ear Assessment
Lesson 26: Physical Agents to Promote Tissue Healing
Lesson 27: The Gynecologic Examination and Prenatal Care
Lesson 28: The Pediatric Examination
Lesson 29: Assisting with Minor Office Surgery
Lesson 30: Administration of Medication and Intravenous Therapy
Lesson 31: Cardiopulmonary Procedures: Electrocardiogram
Lesson 32: Respiratory Testing Procedures
Lesson 33: Fecal Specimen Collection
Lesson 34: Clean-Catch Urine
Lesson 35: Urinalysis
Lesson 36: Capillary and Venipuncture Procedures
Lesson 37: Hematology testing
Lesson 38: Performing Blood Chemistry Testing
Lesson 39: Medical Microbiology
Lesson 40: Performing Immunology Testing
This product is available in the following formats: