Skin Disease, 4th Edition
Get practical guidance from renowned dermatologist Dr. Thomas Habif and his expert team of co-authors in this user-friendly, focused text. Written specifically for the non-specialist, this easy-to-follow reference offers precisely the diagnostic and treatment information you need to quickly identify the 250 skin disorders you’re most likely to see. It’s an ideal resource for any medical practitioner who’d rather treat than refer patients with skin disease, as well as an excellent review for board preparation.
- Comprehensive yet concise, bullet-point format provides classification of primary, secondary, and special lesions, pediatric considerations, clinical pearls to guide decision making, and more.
- Disorders Index at the front of the book speeds you quickly to a desired topic, and the dermatologic drug formulary and "differential diagnosis by anatomical region and lesion" guide provide rapid access to essential clinical information.
- Easy-to-understand schematics indicate disease distribution across the body (from rare to common) for each key disorder.
- Updated with the latest therapy options and expanded coverage of key topics, including drug reactions and tropical disease.
- Hundreds of new and never-before-published images (more than 1,000 photographs in all) clearly depict how skin disorders present at different stages.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
1 Topical Therapy
4 Acne, Rosacea and Related Disorders
5 Psoriasis and Other Papulosquamous Diseases
6 Bacterial Infections
7 Sexually Transmitted Infections
8 Viral Infections
9 Fungal Infections
10 Exanthems and Drug Reactions
11 Hypersensitivity Syndromes and Vasculitis
12 Infestations and Bites
13 Vesicular and Bullous Diseases
14 Connective Tissue Diseases
15 Light-Related Diseases and Disorders Of Pigmentation
16 Benign Skin Tumors
17 Premalignant and Malignant Non-Melanoma Skin Tumors
18 Nevi and Malignant Melanoma
19 Vascular Tumors and Malformations
20 Hair and Nail Diseases
21 Neonatal Disease
22 Cutaneous Manifestations of Internal Disease
23 Lasers in Dermatology
25 Leprosy (Hansen’s Diseases)
Thomas P. Habif, MD, Adjunct Professor (Dermatology), Department of Surgery, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Hanover and Lebanon, New Hampshire, USA, James G. H. Dinulos, MD, Clinical Associate Professor of Surgery (Dermatology Section), Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Hanover and Lebanon; Clinical Assistant Professor of Dermatology at the University of Connecticut; New Hampshire, USA, M. Shane Chapman, MD, Associate Professor (Dermatology), Department of Surgery, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Hanover and Lebanon, New Hampshire and Kathryn A. Zug, MD, Professor of Surgery (Dermatology), Department of Surgery, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Hanover and Lebanon, New Hampshire, USA