Hamric & Hanson's Advanced Practice Nursing - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 6th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Edited and written by a Who’s Who of internationally known advanced practice nursing experts, Hamric and Hanson's Advanced Practice Nursing: An Integrative Approach, 6th Edition helps you develop an understanding of the various advanced practice registered nursing (APRN) roles. This bestselling textbook provides a clear, comprehensive, and contemporary introduction to advanced practice nursing today, addressing all major APRN competencies, roles, and issues. It covers topics ranging from the evolution of advanced practice nursing to evidence-based practice, leadership, ethical decision-making, and health policy. New to this edition is expanded coverage of interprofessional collaborative practice, updated coverage of APRN roles related to implementation of healthcare reform in the U.S., updated and expanded coverage of IOM and QSEN, a global focus on international advanced practice nursing, and much more!
- Coverage of all APRN core competencies defines and describes all competencies, including direct clinical practice, guidance and coaching, consultation, evidence-based practice, leadership, collaboration, and ethical decision-making.
- Operationalizes and applies the APRN core competencies to the major APRN specialties including the Clinical Nurse Specialist, the Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, the Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, the Certified Nurse-Midwife, and the Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist.
- Content on managing APRN environments addresses such factors as business planning and reimbursement; marketing, negotiating, and contracting; regulatory, legal, and credentialing requirements; health policy; and nursing outcomes and performance improvement research.
- UNIQUE! Exemplar boxes (case studies), including Day in the Life vignettes of each APRN specialty, emphasize innovative practices and coverage of advanced practice roles.
- In-depth discussions of educational strategies for APRN competency development show how nurses develop competencies as they progress into advanced practice.
- NEW and UNIQUE! Expanded coverage of interprofessional collaborative practice includes the latest Interprofessional Education Collaborative (IPEC) Core Competencies for Interprofessional Collaborative Practice.
- NEW! Updated coverage of APRN roles related to implementation of healthcare in the U.S. reflects current and anticipated changes in APRN roles related to healthcare reform.
- NEW! Coverage of IOM and QSEN has been updated and expanded.
- NEW! Refocused International Development of Advanced Practice Nursing chapter has been rewritten to be more global and inclusive in focus, to reflect the state of advanced practice nursing practice throughout all major regions of the world.
- NEW! Expanded content on the role of advanced practice nurses in teaching/education/mentoring and health policy related to the APRN role is featured in the 6th edition.
Part I: Historical and Developmental Aspects of Advanced Practice Nursing 1. Highlights from the History of Advanced Practice Nursing in the United States 2. Conceptualizations of Advanced Practice Nursing 3. A Definition of Advanced Practice Nursing 4. Role Development of the Advanced Practice Nurse 5. Evolving and Innovative Opportunities for Advanced Practice Nursing 6. International Development of Advanced Practice Nursing NEW more global focus
Part II: Competencies of Advanced Practice Nursing 7. Direct Clinical Practice 8. Coaching and Guidance 9. Consultation 10. Evidence-Based Practice and Research 11. Leadership 12. Collaboration NEW emphasis on interprofessional collaborative practice 13. Ethical Decision Making
Part III: Advanced Practice Roles: The Operational Definitions of Advanced Practice Nursing 14. The Clinical Nurse Specialist 15. The Primary Care Nurse Practitioner 16. The Acute Care Nurse Practitioner 17. The Certified Nurse-Midwife 18. The Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
Part IV: Critical Elements in Managing Advanced Nursing Practice Environments 19. Business Planning and Reimbursement Mechanisms 20. Marketing and Negotiation 21. Understanding Regulatory, Legal, and Credentialing Requirements 22. Health Policy Issues in Changing Environments 23. An Integrative Review of APRN Outcomes and Performance Improvement 24. Using Outcomes and Performance Improvement Data to Evaluate and Improve Practice
Mary Fran Tracy, PhD, RN, APRN, CNS, FAAN, Associate Professor, School of Nursing, University of Minnesota; Nurse Scientist, University of Minnesota Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota and Eileen T. O'Grady, PhD, RN, ANP, Certified Nurse Practitioner and Wellness Coach; Founder, The School of Wellness, McLean, Virginia