Insurance Handbook for the Medical Office - Text and Elsevier Adaptive Learning Package,14th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Insurance Handbook for the Medical Office, 14th Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Learning combines the power of brain science with sophisticated, patented Cerego algorithms to help you learn faster and remember longer. It’s fun; it’s engaging; and it’s constantly tracking your performance and adapting to deliver content precisely when it’s needed to ensure core information is transformed into lasting knowledge.
Please refer to the individual product pages for the duration of access to these products.
- An individual study schedule reduces cognitive workload and helps you become a more effective learner by automatically guiding the learning and review process.
- The mobile app offers a seamless learning experience between your smartphone and the web with your memory profile maintained and managed in the cloud.
- UNIQUE! Your memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify personal learning and forgetting patterns.
- UNIQUE! Material is re-presented just before you would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay.
- A personalized learning pathway is established based on your learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress.
Unit One: Career Roles and Responsibilities 1. Role of an Insurance Billing Specialist 2. HIPAA Compliance in Insurance Billing
Unit Two: The Claims Process 3. Basics of Health Insurance 4. Medical Documentation 5. Diagnostic Coding 6. Procedural Coding 7. The Paper Claim: CMS-1500 (02-12) 8. The Electronic Claim 9. Receiving Payments and Insurance Problem Solving 10. Office and Insurance Collection Strategies
Unit Three: Health Care Payers 11. The Blue Plans, Private Insurance and Managed Care Plans 12. Medicare 13. Medicaid and Other State Programs 14. TRICARE and CHAMPVA 15. Worker’s Compensation 16. Disability Income Insurance and Disability Benefit Insurance
Unit Four: Inpatient and Outpatient Billing 17. Hospital Billing
Unit Five: Employment 18. Seeking a Job and Attaining Professional Advancement
Marilyn Fordney, CMA-AC, Formerly, Instructor of Medical Insurance, Medical Terminology, Medical Machine Transcription, and Medical Office Procedures, Ventura College, Ventura, CA