Dental Assisting Online for Modern Dental Assisting (Access Card), 12th Edition
Online Course - Access Card
Bring dental assisting concepts and procedures to life! Corresponding to the material in Bird and Robinson's bestselling Modern Dental Assisting, Dental Assisting Online reinforces your understanding by blending chapter reviews with fun, engaging activities. Forty-two interactive modules include videos and animations, interactive exercises, quizzes, and exams with instant feedback and rationales. Threaded case studies challenge you to apply what you've learned. Going beyond reading and memorization, Dental Assisting Online helps you master dental assisting procedures, think critically, and learn to solve problems in the workplace.
Duration for access to this product is for the life of the edition.
- Correlation with Modern Dental Assisting, 12th Edition, matches online modules to corresponding chapters in the textbook, with a reading assignment providing the background you need to work through the module.
- More than 1,500 images illustrate dental assisting concepts and procedures, as well as equipment, materials, and situations.
- Interactive exercises reinforce key concepts with word building, identification and labeling, sequencing, fill-in, crosswords, and multiple-choice questions.
- Procedure videos and exercises help you learn to perform each skill and to demonstrate competency.
- Threaded case studies follow a fictitious patient and his medical/dental histories, dental chart, and radiographs encouraging you to apply what you’ve learned to facilitate optimal patient care.
- Lesson quizzes and module exams test your mastery of content and include immediate feedback.
- Descriptive tooth identification supports a variety of tooth numbering systems.
- NEW content includes topics such as technology, public health and access to care, teledentistry, the Zika virus, Ebola, the oral-systemic health connection, and more.
- NEW art program includes modern renderings and photos of dental anatomy, tooth morphology, dental imaging, instruments, and equipment.
- NEW! Cutting-edge animations demonstrate anatomic and physiologic processes.
- NEW! Expanded glossary includes a definition and audio pronunciation for each term and is accessible from any screen within the course or by clicking on boldface key terms.
1. Oral Embryology and Histology
2. Head and Neck Anatomy
3. Overview of the Dentitions
4. Tooth Morphology
5. Dental Caries
6. Periodontal Disease
7. Preventive Dentistry
9. Oral Pathology
10. Disease Transmission and Infection Prevention
11. Principles and Techniques of Disinfection
12. Principles and Techniques of Instrument Processing and Sterilization
13. Chemical and Waste Management
14. Medical History
15. Medically and Physically Compromised Patient
16. Vital Signs
17. Oral Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
18. Assisting in a Medical Emergency
19. Delivering Dental Care
20. Dental Hand Instruments
21. Dental Handpieces and Accessories
22. Moisture Control
23. Anesthesia and Pain Control
24. Foundations of Radiography, Radiographic Equipment, and Radiation Safety
25. Digital Imaging, Dental Film, and Processing Radiographs
26. Intraoral Imaging
27. Extraoral Imaging
28. Restorative and Esthetic Dental Materials
29. Dental Liners Bases, and Bonding Systems
30. Dental Cements
31. Impression Materials
32. Laboratory Materials and Procedures
33. General Dentistry
34. Matrix Systems for Restorative Dentistry
35. Fixed Prosthodontics
36. Provisional Coverage
38. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
39. Coronal Polishing
40. Dental Sealants
41. Business Operating Systems
42. Financial Management in the Dental Office
Doni L. Bird, CDA, RDA, RDH, MA, Former Director, Dental Education Programs, Santa Rosa Junior College, Santa Rosa, California; Former Director, Dental Assisting Program University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, Debbie S. Robinson, CDA, MS, Research Assistant Professor, Department of Nutrition, Gilling’s School of Global Public Health; Former Research Assistant, and Project Coordinator, UNC-CH Adams School of Dentistry; Former Director, Dental Assisting and Dental Assisting Specialty Program, UNC-CH Adams, School of Dentistry, Jeffrey R. Smith, DMD, Instructional Program Manager, Dental Assisting and Dental Hygiene, Florida State College Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL and Glenda L. Miller, CDA, EFDA, BS, Professor, Dental Assisting Program, Florida State College Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL