Dental Instruments, 6th Edition
Teach your students the ins and outs of more than 300 dental instruments! Dental Instruments: A Pocket Guide, 6th Edition, makes it quick and easy for dental assistants and hygienists to master identification and use of the instruments and equipment used in everyday modern dental practice. It includes nearly 700 photographs and illustrations along with monographs describing each instrument’s use, characteristics, practice considerations, and sterilization. It’s also easy for students to review and to assess their knowledge, thanks to the flashcard-style, flip-book format. This portable, spiral-bound guide is ideal both for study and for chairside reference!
- Clear, consistent format includes a photo of each instrument along with its name, functions, characteristics, practice notes, and sterilization, with chapters progressing from basic instruments to more specialized instruments.
- Nearly 700 high-quality photographs and illustrations include both full and close-up views to help you quickly and accurately identify and differentiate dental instruments.
- Flashcard format makes it easy to quiz yourself and assess your knowledge of dental instruments.
- Pocket size, spiral binding, and Velcro® closure makes the book ideal for on-the-go study and ease of use.
- Interactive review activities on the Evolve companion website include chapter quizzes as well as tray setup exercises and questions.
- NEW content includes modern sickle scalers, Invisalign, CAD/CAM for orthodontics, magnified cameras for endodontics, temporary anchorage devices, cordless prophy handpieces, and more.
- NEW images of instruments include modern professional photographs, specifically many close-up views of instrument tips, and high-quality drawings of details that cannot be shown in a photograph.
- EXPANDED! In-use photos and illustrations show instruments or equipment within the context of dental care.
1. Basic Dental Instruments
2. Enamel Cutting Instruments
3. Local Anesthetic Syringe/Components and Nitrous Oxide Sedation
4. Evacuation Devices, Air/Water Syringe Tip, and Dental Unit
5. Dental Handpieces
6. Burs and Rotary Attachments for Handpieces
7. Dental Dam Instruments
8. Amalgam Restorative Instruments
9. Composite Restorative Instruments
10. Crown and Bridge Restorative Instruments
11. Endodontic Instruments
12. Hygiene Instruments
13. Preventive and Sealing Instruments and Bleaching Trays
14. Orthodontic Instruments
15. Universal Surgical Instruments
16. Periodontal Instruments and Periodontal Surgical Instruments
17. Oral Surgery Extraction Instruments
18. Sterilization Equipment
19. Dental Materials Equipment
20. Dental Imaging and Diagnostic Equipment
21. Vital Signs and Beyond
Linda Bartolomucci Boyd, CDA, RDA, BA, Program Coordinator Registered Dental Assisting Program, Diablo Valley College, Pleasant Hill, CA