The Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary Illustrated Manual of Ophthalmology - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 4th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
2015 BMA Medical Book Awards Highly Commended in Internal Medicine Category! The Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary Illustrated Manual of Ophthalmology is the must-have medical reference book for the ever-changing field of ophthalmology. Thoroughly updated to include the latest advances in the field, the fourth edition of this renowned manual features high-quality color images and an intuitive design for easy comprehension and reference. Ideal for ophthalmic practitioners and allied health professionals alike, this indispensable resource is your comprehensive guide for the speedy diagnosis and treatment of the most common eye disorders.
- Accurately diagnose problems through the support of full-color photographs and real case studies.
- Rapidly locate key information with a highly templated format that includes chapters organized anatomically, not by ophthalmic subspecialty, in addition to key boxes and highlighted emergency management boxes.
- Apply the latest knowledge and techniques in the diagnosis and treatment of ocular disease, including anti-VEGF therapy for retina disorders; optical coherence tomography and high-resolution imaging modalities; new corneal and refractive surgical approaches; advances in uveitis, glaucoma, neuro-ophthalmology; and more.
- Stay abreast of the most recent spectral domain OCT with numerous scans included throughout the book.
- Quickly address critical situations with highlighted emergency management boxes, as well as bonus appendices that provide a wealth of supplemental information helpful for the non-specialist, including guidance on the basics in examination methods, differential diagnosis, common medications, measurements and more.
- Identify subtleties and nuances by examining over 800 full-color illustrations depicting a complete range of clinical disorders, imaging and testing methods, and surgical techniques, as well as brand-new videos of eye movement examination.
- Access the full text and videos online at Expert Consult.
2. Ocular Motility and Cranial Nerves
3. Lids, Lashes and Lacrimal System
4. Conjunctiva and Sclera
6. Anterior Chamber
7. Iris and Pupils
10. Retina and Choroid
11. Optic Nerve and Glaucoma
12. Visual Acuity, Refractive Procedures and Sudden Visual Loss
Common Ophthalmic Medications And Dosages
Color Codes For Topical Ocular Medication Caps
List Of Important Ocular Measurements
List Of Eponyms
Common Ophthalmic Abbreviations (How To Read An Ophthalmology Chart)
Common Spanish Phrases
Neil J. Friedman, MD, Adjunct Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Ophthalmology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Partner, Mid-Peninsula Ophthalmology Medical Group, Menlo Park, CA, USA, Peter K. Kaiser, MD, Chaney Family Endowed Chair for Ophthalmology, Research Professor of Ophthalmology, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Cole Eye Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA and Roberto Pineda II, MD, Department of Ophthalmology, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical school, Boston, MA Assistant Professor