The Anatomical Basis of Dentistry, 4th Edition
Help dental students master the essentials of gross anatomy! The Anatomical Basis of Dentistry, 4th Edition includes full-color coverage of the regions of the head and neck that relate to applied anatomy for the clinical practice of dentistry. Core information provides a foundation of knowledge that’s important to a successful chairside experience for both the dental practitioner and patient. This new edition includes coverage of local anesthesia, dental imaging, spread of dental infection, and fractures of the craniofacial complex. Using a clear, accessible style, with practical Clinical Notes boxes updated to include case studies, this book closely relates the basic science of applied anatomy to the clinical practice of dentistry.
- Specifically tailored for the dental student, focuses on core, need-to-know content.
- Clinical Notes boxes integrated throughout the text relate basic science concepts to the actual clinical practice of dentistry.
- Regional approach to anatomy breaks down anatomical structures and body systems into easy-to-understand modules to correlate with how the course is taught.
- Cadaver dissection photographs paired with anatomical line drawings clearly depict the location of anatomic structures.
- NEW! Chapter on Supplemental Anatomy of the Head and Neck covers clinical topics such as local anesthesia, dental imaging, spread of dental infection, and fractures of the craniofacial complex.
- NEW! Clinical Notes sections with actual case studies address the increased use of case-based learning in dental education.
- NEW! Full-color 3D anatomical art provides a more realistic representation of the head and neck anatomy.
- NEW! The latest imaging techniques clearly demonstrate recent technological updates.
2. The Back
3. The Thorax
4. The Abdomen, Pelvis, Perineum, and Basic Lower Limb
5. The Neck and Basic Upper Limb
6. The Head
7. Review of the Systemic Anatomy of the Head and Neck
8. Supplemental Anatomy of the Head and Neck
Bernard Liebgott, DDS, MScD, PhD, Professor Emeritus, Department of Surgery, Division of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada