Workbook for ICD-10-CM/PCS Coding: Theory and Practice, 2017 Edition - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 1st Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Reinforce student understanding of ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS medical coding with practical exercises! Corresponding to the chapters in ICD-10-CM/PCS Coding: Theory and Practice, 2017 Edition, this workbook lets students apply their coding knowledge to realistic medical records. This edition reflects the latest updates to ICD-10. Hundreds of engaging, interactive exercises help your students review concepts, develop skills, and prepare for successful employment in facility-based coding.
- UPDATED coding examples and exercises let you practice with the latest ICD-10-CM/PCS codes.
- Hands-on activities and case studies help you master coding concepts and apply them to actual health records and real-world scenarios.
- Matching exercises, multiple-choice questions, coding questions, and case scenarios reinforce your understanding of key content in each chapter of the textbook.
- ICD-10 Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting are provided in each coding chapter to enhance understanding of how to code accurately.
- Evolve companion website for the ICD-10-CM/PCS Coding textbook offers convenient online access to updates, partial answer keys, and coding guidelines.
- NEW Coding Medical and Surgical Procedures chapter is added to this edition.
- UPDATED content includes revisions to icd-10 code and coding guidelines, ensuring you have the latest coding information.
Chapter 1: The Rationale for and History of Coding
Chapter 2: The Health Record as the Foundation of Coding
Chapter 3: ICD-10-CM Format and Conventions
Chapter 4: Basic Steps of Coding
Chapter 5: General Coding Guidelines for Diagnosis
Chapter 6: Introduction to ICD-10-PCS
Chapter 7: General Coding Guidelines for Other Medical- and Surgical-Related Procedures and Ancillary Procedures
Chapter 8: Coding Medical and Surgical Procedures
Chapter 9: Symptoms, Signs, and Abnormal Clinical and Laboratory Findings Not Elsewhere Classified, and Z Codes (ICD-10-CM Chapters 18 and 21, Codes R00-R99,
Chapter 10: Certain Infectious and Parasitic Diseases (ICD-10-CM Chapter 1,Codes A00-B99)
Chapter 11: Neoplasms (ICD-10-CM Chapter 2, Codes C00-D49)
Chapter 12: Diseases of the Blood and Blood-Forming Organs and Certain Disorders Involving the Immune Mechanism (ICD-10-CM Chapter 3, Codes D50-D89)
Chapter 13: Endocrine, Nutritional, and Metabolic Diseases (ICD-10-CM Chapter 4, Codes E00-E89)
Chapter 14: Mental, Behavioral, and Neurodevelopmental Disorders (ICD-10-CM Chapter 5, Codes F01-F99)
Chapter 15: Diseases of the Nervous System, Diseases of the Eye and Adnexa, and Diseases of the Ear and Mastoid Process (ICD-10-CM Chapter 6, Codes G00-G99, Chapter 7, Codes H00-H59, and Chapter 8, Codes H60-H95)
Chapter 16: Diseases of the Circulatory System (ICD-10-CM Chapter 9, Codes I00-I99)
Chapter 17: Diseases of the Respiratory System (ICD-10-CM Chapter 10, Codes J00-J99)
Chapter 18: Diseases of the Digestive System (ICD-10-CM Chapter 11, Codes K00-K95)
Chapter 19: Diseases of the Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue (ICD-10-CM Chapter 12, Codes L00-L99)
Chapter 20: Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System and Connective Tissue (ICD-10-CM Chapter 13, Codes M00-M99)
Chapter 21: Diseases of the Genitourinary System (ICD-10-CM Chapter 14, Codes N00-N99)
Chapter 22: Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Puerperium (ICD-10-CM Chapter 15, Codes O00-O9A)
Chapter 23: Certain Conditions Originating in the Perinatal Period and Congenital Malformations, Deformations, and Chromosomal Abnormalities (ICD-10-CM Chapter 16, Codes P00-P96, and Chapter 17, Codes Q00-Q99)
Chapter 24: Injury and Certain Other Consequences of External Causes and External Causes of Morbidity (ICD-10-CM Chapter 19, Codes S00-T88 and Chapter 20, Codes V00-Y99)
Chapter 25: Burns, Adverse Effects, and Poisonings (ICD-10-CM Chapters 19 and 20, Codes S00-Y99)
Chapter 26: Complications of Surgical and Medical Care
Additional Practice Exercises
Karla R. Lovaasen, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P, AHIMA-Approved ICD-10-CM Trainer
Coding and Consulting Services