Sturdevant's Art and Science of Operative Dentistry - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 7th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Give your students a better picture of operative dentistry from the most complete text on the market. Using a heavily illustrated and highly detailed approach, Sturdevant’s Art and Science of Operative Dentistry, 7th Edition helps students master the fundamentals and procedures of restorative and preventive dentistry and learn to make informed decisions to solve patient needs. Drawing from both theory and practice and supported by extensive clinical and laboratory research, this new full-color edition features four new chapters and updated information in the areas of color and shade matching, light curing, periodontology, digital dentistry, and more. It’s the complete guide to all aspects of operative dentistry.
- Four new chapters cover the areas of color and shade matching, light curing, periodontology, and digital dentistry.
- Expert Consult website with five supplemental chapters and procedure videos.
- Evidence-based approach is supported by extensive clinical and laboratory research.
- Comprehensive coverage provides a thorough understanding of caries and an authoritative approach to its treatment and prevention.
- Illustrated step-by-step approach offers a better picture of conservative restorative and preventive dentistry.
- Full color design clearly demonstrates techniques and details.
- NEW! Four new chapters cover the areas of color and shade matching, light curing, periodontology, and digital dentistry.
- NEW! Expert Consult website includes five additional online-only chapters, procedure videos, and references linked to PubMed.
- NEW! Updated content throughout integrates new knowledge that has emerged since publication of the previous edition.
1. Clinical Significance of Dental Anatomy, Histology, Physiology, and Occlusion 2. Dental Caries: Etiology, Clinical Characteristics, Risk Assessment, and Management 3. Patient Assessment, Examination and Diagnosis, and Treatment Planning 4. Fundamental Concepts of Tooth Preparation and Pulp Protection 5. Fundamental Concepts of Enamel and Dentin Adhesion 6. Light Curing in Operative Dentistry 7. Color and Shade Matching in Operative Dentistry 8. Clinical Technique for Direct Composite Resin and Glass Ionomer Restorations 9. Additional Conservative Esthetic Procedures 10. Clinical Technique for Amalgam Restorations 11. Periodontology Applied to Operative Dentistry 12. Digital Dentistry in Operative Dentistry 13. Biomaterials
ONLINE ONLY CHAPTERS 14. Instruments and Equipment for Tooth Preparation 15. Preliminary Considerations for Operative Dentistry 16. Bonded Splints and Bridges 17. Direct Gold Restorations 18. Class II Cast Metal Restorations
Andre V. Ritter, DDS, MS, MBA, PhD, Professor, Dept. of Cariology & Comprehensive Care, New York University