Learning Interventional Radiology, 1st Edition
- Employs a case-based approach with a consistent chapter format to provide a clear, practical review of each topic.
- Each case-based chapter includes an Overview of the procedure and disease process, Indications and Contraindications of the procedure, standard Equipment used, a review of relevant Anatomy, detailed Procedural Steps, as well as Treatment Alternatives and common Complications.
- Reviews the skillful use of X-rays, CT, ultrasound, MRI, and other imaging methods to direct interventional procedures.
- Uses brief, bulleted text and more than 350 images to help you quickly grasp the fundamental information you need to know.
- Includes Take Home Points, Clinical Applications, Key Facts, Key Definitions, and Literature Reviews.
- Features case-based chapters on vascular and non-vascular procedures, as well as Grand Rounds Topics such as anatomy, surgery, interventional oncology, pediatrics, and more.
- Helps ensure mastery of the material with additional online content, bonus images, videos, and Q&A that provide effective chapter review and quick practice for your exams.
- Offers quick review and instruction for medical students, residents, fellows, and related medical professionals working in the IR area, such as nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access the full text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
SECTION A Grand Topics
- History of Interventional Radiology
- Basics of Interventional Radiology
- Imaging Modalities
- Neurointerventional Radiology
- Interventional Oncology
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Frontiers of Interventional Radiology
- Adrenal Venous Sampling
- Arteriovenous Fistulas and Grafts
- Arteriovenous Malformations
- Balloon-Assisted Retrograde Transvenous Obliteration
- Bronchial Artery Embolization
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Endovascular Aneurysm Repair
- Foreign Body Retrieval
- Inferior Vena Cava Filter
- Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Renal Artery Stenosis
- Thrombolysis and Thrombectomy
- Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunts
- Transjugular Liver Biopsy
- Varicose Veins,
- Venous Access
- Y-90 Embolization
- Abscess Drainage
- Biliary Drains and Biliary Stenting
- CT-Guided Lung Biopsy
- Gastrostomy Tube Placement
- Lymphangiography and Thoracic Duct Embolization
- Percutaneous Nephrostomy
SECTION B Vascular Cases
SECTION C Percutaneous Cases
Answer Key to End-of-Chapter Review Questions
Justin Shafa, Radiology Resident, Jacobi Medical Center, Bronx, New York and Stephen T Kee, MD, Professor of Radiology, Chief, Interventional Radiology, UCLA Health Sciences, Los Angeles, California