Saunders 2018-2019 Strategies for Test Success - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 5th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Get more than just practice questions; get comprehensive test and nursing school preparation that’s proven to help you succeed! Written by the most trusted expert in NCLEX exam prep, Saunders 2018-2019 Strategies for Test Success: Passing Nursing School and the NCLEX Exam, 5th Edition is an invaluable guide that teaches you how to master the things that matter most on the NCLEX exam and your nursing school exams: critical thinking, problem solving, and time management. In this guide you’ll find not only 1,200 practice questions and rationales that reflect the latest NCLEX-RN and NCLEX-PN test plans, but you’ll also get a wealth of proven tips and real-world hints to help you overcome text anxiety, develop effective study habits, and confidently evaluate and identify the correct answer for a variety of test question types, including alternate item formats. It’s a must-have resource for any nursing student who needs not just practice, but well-rounded preparation!
- A Reducing Test Anxiety chapter offers simple strategies to control test-induced stress and gain the confidence needed to pass exams.
- A Developing Study Skills chapter provides helpful tips on improving time management for more efficient exam preparation.
- 1,200 review questions are included in the book and online, providing a 2-in-1 approach to learning strategies and test-taking skills
- UNIQUE! Student-to-Student Hints highlight real life strategies that have helped other students graduate from nursing school and pass the NCLEX exam.
- Helpful Tips for the Nursing Student highlight the most important concepts needed for exam success.
- Online practice questions let you apply the strategies learned from the text in a realistic electronic testing environment.
- Emphasis on comprehensive test preparation helps you develop, refine, and apply the reasoning skills you need to succeed throughout nursing school and on the NCLEX examination.
- Priority concepts for each question help you link your concept-based classes and NCLEX prep.
- Chapters on specific question content — such as prioritization, pharmacology, triage/disaster management, and delegation — offer numerous examples to prepare you for higher-level questions.
- A fun, 4-color design features cartoons and bold designs to help engage visual learners.
- NEW! Thoroughly updated content reflects the most current NCLEX-RN and NCLEX-PN test plans.
- NEW! Experience level coding for questions designates each question as beginning, intermediate, or experienced to help focus your learning throughout all points of your nursing school career.
- NEW! Increased focus on clinical judgement incorporates strategies for clinical judgement, question data, and question abnormalities into the NCLEX-style questions.
- NEW! Expanded client-centered options address the increasing import of the patient-centered care QSEN competency on the NCLEX Exam.
- NEW! Additional coverage of interprofessionalism is incorporated.
PART I: Study and Test Preparation 1. Preparing for Nursing Examinations 2. Developing Study Skills 3. Reducing Test Anxiety 4. NCLEX® Preparation
PART II: Strategies for Success 5. Alternate Item Formats 6. How to Avoid “Reading into the Question 7. Positive and Negative Event Queries 8. Questions Requiring Prioritization 9. Leading and Managing, Delegating, and Assignment-Making Questions 10. Communication Questions 11. Pharmacology, Medication, and Intravenous Calculation Questions 12. Additional Pyramid Strategies
PART III: Practice Tests 13. Fundamental Skills Questions 14. Adult Health Questions 15. Mental Health Questions 16. Maternity Questions 17. Child Health Questions 18. Pharmacology Questions 19. Delegating/Prioritizing Questions 20. Leadership/Management Questions
Linda Anne Silvestri, PhD, RN, FAAN, Instructor of Nursing, Salve Regina University, Newport, Rhode Island; Part-Time Instructor, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Nevada; President, Nursing Reviews, Inc. and Professional Nursing Seminars, Inc., Henderson, Nevada; Elsevier Consultant, HESI NCLEX-RN® and NCLEX-PN® Live Review Courses and Angela Elizabeth Silvestri, PhD, APRN, FNP-BC, CNE, Assistant Professor & BSN Program Director, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Nevada; Registered Nurse, Henderson Hospital Medical Center, Henderson, Nevada; Consultant, Nursing Reviews, Inc., Henderson, Nevada