Whitcup and Nussenblatt's Uveitis, 5th Edition
- Features multiple chapters on diagnostic approach to help you meet the challenge of making accurate diagnoses.
- Reflects advancements and new developments on all aspects of uveitis including new medical and surgical treatments.
- Covers key topics such as the use of PCR in diagnostic testing, cataract surgery in patients with uveitis, the use of OCT in diagnosis and treatment, new infectious causes of uveitis (including Zika and Ebola), and novel treatments for inflammatory eye disease.
- Includes new clinical photographs, illustrations, and OCT images throughout.
- Reviews new randomized clinical trials of new uveitis therapy, as well as the approach to patients with HIV and HIV-associated ocular diseases including CMV retinitis and immune recovery uveitis.
- Provides expanded information on masquerade syndromes with important tips on diagnosis and management of intraocular lymphoma.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
PART 1: FUNDAMENTALS
- Elements of the Immune System and Concepts of Intraocular In?ammatory Disease Pathogenesis 1
- Medical History in the Patient with Uveitis
- Examination of the Patient with Uveitis
- Development of a Differential Diagnosis
- Diagnostic Testing and Imaging
- Optical Coherence Tomography in Uveitis
- Evidence-Based Medicine in Uveitis
- Approaches to Medical Therapy
- Role of Surgery in the Patient with Uveitis
- Bacterial and Fungal Diseases
- Spirochetal Diseases
- Acquired Immunode?ciency Syndrome
- Acute Retinal Necrosis and Progressive Outer Retinal Necrosis
- Other Viral Diseases
- Ocular Toxoplasmosis
- Ocular Histoplasmosis
- Ocular toxacariasis
- Onchocerciasis and Other Parasitic Diseases
- Postsurgical Uveitis
- Anterior Uveitis
- Intermediate Uveitis
- Sympathetic Ophthalmia
- Vogt–Koyanagi–Harada Syndrome
- Birdshot Chorioretinopathy
- Behçet’s Disease
- Retinal Vasculitis
- Serpiginous Choroidopathy
- White-Dot Syndromes
- Masquerade Syndromes
PART 2: DIAGNOSIS
PART 3: MEDICAL THERAPY AND SURGICAL INTERVENTION
PART 4: INFECTIOUS UVEITIC CONDITIONS
PART 5: NON INFECTIOUS UVEITIC CONDITIONS
Scott M. Whitcup, MD, Founder and CEO Akrivista and Whitecap Biosciences, Irvine, California; Clinical Faculty, UCLA Stein Eye Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California. and H. Nida Sen