Medical Terminology Online with Elsevier Adaptive Learning for Building a Medical Vocabulary, 10th Edition
With modules corresponding to the chapters in Leonard’s Building a Medical Vocabulary, 10th Edition, Medical Terminology Online reinforces your understanding of medical terminology and helps you apply your knowledge to the clinical setting. Now with Elsevier Adaptive Learning integrated into the modules, this online course allows you to learn faster by delivering content precisely when you need it! These dynamic online modules include adaptive learning, narrated animations, audio reviews, and a variety of interactive activities to demonstrate the meaning and use of common medical terms. Not only will you reinforce your understanding of medical language, but you’ll also learn to apply medical terms to the clinical setting. This course is Quality Matters certified.
Duration for access to this product is for the life of the edition.
- Outcome-based learning includes modules that are mapped to specific objectives, with a short assessment after each block of content.
- Interactive exercises help you recall and recognize medical terms with word building, identification, spelling, pronunciation, matching, multiple choice, true or false, fill-in-blank, labeling, and case studies.
- Medical record activities test your knowledge of the medical terminology used in actual patient records.
- Over 5,500-term glossary includes definitions and pronunciations in English and Spanish, and for instant reference, terms may be accessed with a click from anywhere in the program.
- NEW! Integrated Adaptive Learning allows you to easily review and retain medical terminology at your own pace.
- NEW! Case studies that feed the LMS gradebook provide you with practice using medical terminology in context.
- NEW! Audio reviews after each lesson provide the opportunity to hear terminology in context.
- NEW! Listen and Choose activity allows you to practice aural recognition of terminology in context.
- NEW! Animations bring medical terminology to life along with visualizing physiologic, pathologic, and procedural concepts.
- NEW! List of audio terms at the end of modules provides a quick, easy review of pronunciation.
- NEW! Hundreds of new anatomy, disease, and disorder illustrations reinforce learning.
1. Building Medical Terms Starting with Medical Specialties
2. Diseases and Disorders: Diagnostic and Therapeutic Terms
3. Organization of the Body
4. Circulatory System
5. Respiratory System
6. Digestive System
7. Urinary System
8. Reproductive System
9. Musculoskeletal System
10. Nervous System
11. Peripheral Nervous System
12. Endocrine System
13. Integumentary System
Peggy C. Leonard, BA, MT, MEd, Chesterfield, MO