Workbook and Licensure Exam Prep for Radiography Essentials for Limited Practice - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 5th Edition
Practice makes perfect! Corresponding to the chapters in Radiography Essentials for Limited Practice, 5th Edition, this practical workbook helps you to review, understand, and apply the most important theories and information needed for limited radiography practice. Exercises include fill in the blank questions, multiple-choice questions, labeling of anatomy diagrams, and matching problems. Written by the textbook’s authors, this workbook prepares you for success on ARRT exams and in your career as a Limited X-ray Machine Operator.
- Wide variety of exercises offers additional practice and reinforces key lessons.
- Over 100 labeling exercises for anatomy and radiographic images help you learn anatomy and become familiar with how the body appears on radiographic images.
- All exercises reinforce understanding of important topics, including x-ray science and techniques, radiation safety, radiographic anatomy, pathology, patient care, ancillary clinical skills, and positioning of upper and lower extremities, spine, chest and head.
- Updated anatomy and positioning labeling and terminology ensure that you learn standard and accepted radiographic terminology.
- Section II provides content review with guidelines for exam prep, the ARRT content specifications for the Examination for the Limited Scope of Practice in Radiography, and a mock exam.
- Section III is a preparation guide for the ARRT Bone Densitometry Equipment Operators Exam and includes study guidelines, ARRT content specifications, and a mock exam.
- NEW! Expanded digital imaging questions reflect current practice and meet the requirements of the ASRT Limited Scope Content Specifications.
1. Role of the Limited X-ray Machine Operator 2. Introduction to Radiographic Equipment 3. Basic Mathematics for Limited Operators 4. Basic Physics for Radiography 5. X-ray Production 6. X-ray Circuit and Tube Heat Management 7. Principles of Exposure and Image Quality 8. Digital Imaging 9. Scatter Radiation and Its Control 10. Formulating X-ray Techniques 11. Radiobiology and Radiation Safety 12. Introduction to Anatomy, Positioning, and Pathology 13. Upper Limb and Shoulder Girdle 14. Lower Limb and Pelvis 15. Spine 16. Bony Thorax, Chest, and Abdomen 17. Skull, Facial Bones, and Paranasal Sinuses 18. Radiography of Pediatric and Geriatric Patients 19. Image Evaluation 20. Ethics, Legal Considerations, and Professionalism 21. Safety and Infection Control 22. Assessing Patients and Managing Acute Situations 23. Medications and Their Administration 24. Medical Laboratory Skills 25. Additional Procedures for Assessment and Diagnosis 26. Bone Densitometry
Preparation Guide for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Examination for the Limited Scope of Practice in Radiography
Preparation Guide for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Bone Densitometry Equipment Operators Examination
Bruce W. Long, MS, RT(R)(CV), FASRT, Director and Associate Professor, Radiologic Imaging and Sciences Programs, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA, Eugene D. Frank, MA, RT(R), FASRT, FAEIRS, Retired Director, Radiography Program, Riverland Community College, Austin, MN; Assistant Professor of Radiology, Emeritus, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN and Ruth Ann Ehrlich, RT(R), Radiology Faculty (Retired), Western States Chiropractic College, Portland, OR; Adjunct Faculty, Portland Community College, Portland, OR