Sheehy's Emergency Nursing - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 7th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Written by emergency nurses for emergency nurses, Sheehy's Emergency Nursing: Principles and Practice, 7th Edition covers the issues and procedures unique to the emergency department. This comprehensive, evidence-based resource is written by the Emergency Nurses Association and includes developments and changes in clinical practice that are incorporated throughout the text. Considered the go-to guide for issues and procedures unique to the emergency department, the user-friendly format features more than 150 high-quality illustrations and tables that highlight essential concepts and offer quick access to vital information. New to this edition is updated key coverage including clinical fundamentals, treatment for trauma and medical-surgical emergencies, the foundations of emergency nursing practice, special populations, and more!
- Written by the Emergency Nurses Association, ensuring this is the most accurate information on the market.
- Most comprehensive and authoritative text available on emergency nursing.
- Logically organized, chapters are grouped into six sections for quick access to important content: Foundations of Emergency Nursing, Professional Practice, Clinical Foundations of Emergency Nursing, Major Trauma Emergencies, Medical and Surgical Emergencies, and Special Patient Populations.
- Tables and boxes highlight and summarize critical and essential information, while 150 illustrations help you to quickly identify and treat frequently encountered conditions.
- A separate unit on special patient populations covers topics such as child abuse, elder abuse, intimate partner violence, sexual assault, substance abuse and behavioral/pediatric/obstetrical emergencies.
- NEW! Coverage includes the latest on topical issues such as ethics, workplace violence, and geriatric trauma.
- UPDATED pain guidelines feature the latest pain indicators.
- UPDATED sepsis guidelines provide essential information on pathophysiology and diagnosis, with valuable guidelines for managing these patients.
- NEW! Fully revised information on communicable diseases.
- UPDATED Information on non-narcotic use for treatment of pain and increasing rates of addiction.
- NEW! Discussion of transgender patients covers how to work with this unique population.
- NEW! Full color photo insert
Unit I: Foundations of Emergency Nursing 1. Emergency Nursing Practice 2. Legal and Regulatory Considerations 3. Approaching Diversity
Unit II: Professional Practice 4. Evidence-Based Practice 5. Research 6. Ethical Considerations 7. Workplace Violence Unit III: Clinical Foundations of Emergency Nursing 8. Triage 9. Patient Assessment 10. Pain 11. Wound Management 12. Family Presence During Resuscitation 13. Management of the Critical Care Patient in the Emergency Department 14. Palliative and End-of-Life Care in the Emergency Department 15. Organ and Tissue Donation 16. Air and Surface Patient Transport 17. Emergency Preparedness 18. Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear (CBRN) Threats
Unit IV: Medical and Surgical Emergencies 19. Communicable Diseases 20. Fluids and Electrolytes 21. Shock Emergencies 22. Respiratory Emergencies 23. Cardiovascular Emergencies 24. Neurologic Emergencies 25. Gastrointestinal Emergencies 26. Renal and Genitourinary Emergencies 27. Gynecologic Emergencies 28. Endocrine Emergencies 29. Hematologic and Oncologic Emergencies 30. Environmental Emergencies 31. Toxicologic Emergencies 32. Dental, Ear, Nose, Throat, and Facial Emergencies 33. Ocular Emergencies Unit V: Trauma Emergencies 34. Epidemiology and Mechanisms of Injury 35. Head Trauma 36. Maxillofacial Trauma 37. Spinal Trauma 38. Thoracic Trauma 39. Abdominal and Genitourinary Trauma 40. Orthopedic and Neurovascular Trauma 41. Burn Trauma 42. Pediatric Trauma 43. Obstetric Trauma 44. Geriatric Trauma Unit VI: Special Populations 45. Pediatric Emergencies 46. Geriatric Emergencies 47. Behavioral Health Emergencies 48. Emergency Forensic Considerations 49. Abuse and Neglect 50. Substance Abuse 51. Sexual Assault
Emergency Nurses Association