Urgent Care Dermatology: Symptom-Based Diagnosis
Urgent Care Dermatology: Symptom-Based Diagnosis, by Drs. James E. Fitzpatrick, Whitney A. High, and Lamar Kyle, helps you quickly identify skin conditions and provide necessary treatment at the point of care. Concise, to-the-point text is highlighted by more than 1,000 high-quality photographs – all conveniently organized by lesion appearance – making this resource ideal for first-line clinicians to quickly identify and treat dermatologic conditions.
- Appearance-based format designed for non-specialists who diagnose and treat skin conditions, such as family practice physicians, urgent care providers, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants.
- Organized by presentation (scaly lesions, blisters, etc.), with a full chapter on treatment pearls that offers expert advice pertaining to diagnosis and treatment.
- Richly illustrated with more than 1,000 full-color clinical examples of lesions you’re likely to see.
- Each topic is covered in a two-page spread for quick reference – text on the left and images on the right.
- Up-to-date coverage of morbilliform eruptions, scaly papular lesions, dermatitis (eczematoid reactions), and abscesses, as well as a timely chapter on cutaneous diseases of travelers organized by global region.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, videos (including video updates), glossary, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
1 Introduction to Clinical Dermatology
2 Diagnostic Techniques
3 Morbilliform Eruptions
4 Diffuse or Reticulated Erythema
5 Urticarial/Indurated Eruptions
6 Papular Eruptions – No Scale
7 Scaly Papular Lesions 8 Plaques with Scale
9 Scaly Disorders
10 Dermatitis (Eczematoid Reactions)
11 Blisters and Vesicles
12 Pustular Eruptions, Non-Follicular
14 Necrotic and Ulcerative Skin Disorders
15 Subcutaneous Diseases
16 Annular - Targetoid Lesions
17 Linear - Serpiginous Lesions
18 Sporotrichoid Disorders
19 Photosensitive Disorders
20 Purpuric and Hemorrhagic Disorders
21 Sclerosing/Fibrosing Disorders
22 Atrophic Disorders
23 Follicular Disorders
25 Nail Disorders
26 Infestations, Stings and Bites
27 Discolorations of the Skin
28 Papillomatous and Verrucous Lesions
29 Tumors with Scale
30 Papular and Nodular Growths Without Scale
31 Pigmented Lesions
32 Vascular Tumors
33 Yellow Lesions
34 Cysts and Sinuses
35 Subcutaneous Lumps
36 Cutaneous Diseases of Travelers
37 Topical Treatment Pearls
James E. Fitzpatrick, MD, Professor, Department of Dermatology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado and Whitney A. High, MD, Dept of Dermatology & Dermotapathology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO, USA