Medical Terminology Online with Elsevier Adaptive Learning for Mastering Healthcare Terminology (Retail Access Card), 6th Edition
Online Course - Access Card
Learn to apply specialized medical language in the healthcare setting! With modules corresponding to the chapters in Shiland’s Mastering Healthcare Terminology, 6th Edition, Medical Terminology Online with Elsevier’s Adaptive Learning brings medical vocabulary to life with fun, interactive exercises as well as narrated animations and slide shows. Elsevier Adaptive Learning is included within all modules, allowing you to learn faster by delivering content precisely when it’s needed!
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- Outcome-based learning includes modules that are mapped to specific objectives, with a short assessment after each block of content.
- Interactive exercises help you recall and recognize medical terms with word building, labeling, spelling, image association, pronunciation, matching, true or false, fill-in-the-blank, and case studies.
- Medical record activities test your knowledge of the medical terminology used in actual patient records.
- End-of-module case studies include questions on the terms used to describe medical conditions.
- Over 5,000-term English/Spanish glossary includes medical terms, definitions, and audio pronunciations in both languages.
- NEW! Elsevier’s Adaptive Learning integrated into course allows you to easily review and retain medical terminology at your own pace.
- NEW! Case studies that feed into the LMS gradebook gives you practice using medical terminology in context.
- NEW! Audio reviews after each lesson provide you the opportunity to hear terminology in context.
- NEW! Listen and Choose activity allows you to practice aural recognition of terminology in context.
- NEW! Animations and slide shows bring terminology to life, and helps in visualizing physiologic, pathologic, and procedural concepts.
- NEW! List of audio terms at the end of modules provides a quick, easy review of pronunciation.
- NEW! Hundreds of new anatomy, disease, and disorder illustrations reinforce learning.
- NEW! Fully 508 WCAG 2.0 accessible so you can learn medical terminology in an interactive environment.
2. Body Structure and Directional Terminology
3. Musculoskeletal System
4. Integumentary System
5. Gastrointestinal System
6. Urinary System
7. Male Reproductive System
8. Female Reproductive System and Pregnancy
9. Blood, Lymphatic, and Immune Systems
10. Cardiovascular System
11. Respiratory System
12. Nervous System
13. Special Senses: Eye and Ear
14. Endocrine System
15. Mental and Behavioral Health
Betsy J. Shiland, MS, RHIA, CCS, CPC, CPHQ, CTR, CHDA, CPB, AHIMA ICD-10-CM/PCS Academy Trainer, Assistant Professor, Allied Health Department, Community College of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania