Medical Coding Online for Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2017 Edition,
Learn and practice medical coding anytime, anywhere with Medical Coding Online for Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2017 Edition! Reinforcing concepts from Carol J. Buck’s Step-by-Step text, this complete online coding course offers convenient self-study and assessment, including the latest coverage of reimbursement, ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPCS, and inpatient coding. Interactive lessons make learning easier with animations, photographs, drawings, narrated slide shows, case-based exercises, pop-up definitions, and professional insights.
Duration for access to this product is for the life of the edition.
- UNIQUE! Real-world coding reports (cleared of all confidential information) simulate the reports you will encounter as a coder and help you apply coding principles to actual cases.
- Interactive review exercises in each chapter include matching, fill-in-the-blank, multiple-choice, true/false, and case-based coding activities questions.
- Over 125 illustrations include medical procedures and conditions that help you understand the services being coded.
- Synopses of textbook lessons are included in each online chapter to reinforce learning and serve as helpful review tools.
- From the Trenches boxes offer valuable tips and helpful advice for working in today’s medical coding field.
- Definitions for 650 terms may be accessed with a single click, through links to the glossary.
- Automatically scored exams measure your mastery of chapter content.
- Hyperlinks connect you to related websites and other Elsevier resources for enhanced learning.
- NEW animations in Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) chapters improve your understanding of important coding concepts.
- Updated content includes the latest coding information available, promoting accurate coding and success on the job.
1. Reimbursement, HIPAA, and Compliance
2. An Overview of ICD-10-CM
3. ICD-10-CM Outpatient Coding and Reporting Guidelines
4. Using ICD-10-CM
5. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 1-10)
6. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 11-14)
7. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 15-21)
8. Introduction to CPT
9. Introduction to the Level II National Codes (HCPCS)
11. Evaluation and Management (E/M) Services
13. Surgery Guidelines and General Surgery
14. Integumentary System
15. Musculoskeletal System
16. Respiratory System
17. Cardiovascular System
18. Hemic, Lymphatic, Mediastinum, and Diaphragm
19. Digestive System
20. Urinary and Male Genital Systems
21. Reproductive, Intersex Surgery, Female Genital System, Maternity Care and Delivery
22. Endocrine and Nervous Systems
23. Eye, Ocular Adnexa, Auditory, and Operating Microscope
27. Inpatient Coding
Online Course Updates
Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN