Simulated Medical Coding Internship 2017/2018 Edition (eCommerce)
Get the coding practice you need to hit the ground running in your first job! Developed by leading coding author and educator Carol J. Buck, Simulated Medical Coding Internship prepares you to code accurately and efficiently in a professional setting. More than 600 cases in 18 medical specialties provide a realistic simulation of the workload in a multi-specialty medical clinic. This online coding internship complements and provides application for what you are learning in Buck’s textbooks, Step-by-Step Medical Coding and The Next Step: Advanced Medical Coding and Auditing. Best of all, you can create a portfolio of the coding cases you’ve completed to prove your proficiency to potential employers!
Duration for access to this product is for the life of the edition.
- Approximately 34 reports in each module — for a total of 615 reports — cover the types of coding seen in a multi-specialty medical practice.
- Trial and practice exams in each module help you track your comprehension and progress.
- Building a printable portfolio of results provides examples of your work and demonstrates proficiency to prospective employers.
- Answers and rationales help you understand the reasoning behind the proper coding sequence.
- Course flexibility allows you to complete modules and reports in any order, though moving through the modules in order is recommended.
- Online format lets you view reports, make highlights, and submit all codes electronically.
- Completed reports may be saved to your computer or storage device — they are not automatically saved online.
- E/M Lecture Hall on the Evolve companion website provides additional learning and practice with Evaluation and Management coding.
- Lock Computer feature enables you to keep patient information private while away from your desk.
- UPDATED content includes the latest coding information available, including 2017 and 2018 code updates when released.
Module 1: Evaluation and Management
Module 2: Anesthesia
Module 3: Cardiology
Module 4: Integumentary
Module 5: Emergency Medicine
Module 6: Medicine
Module 7: Gastroenterology
Module 8: Pulmonary
Module 9: Neurology and Ophthalmology
Module 10: OB/GYN
Module 11: Orthopedics
Module 12: Otorhinolaryngology
Module 13: Pathology
Module 14: Pediatrics, Neonatology, and Adolescent Medicine
Module 15: Diagnostic Radiology
Module 16: Interventional Radiology and Radiation Oncology
Module 17: Urology
Module 18: General Surgery
Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN