Study Guide for The Human Body in Health and Illness, 6th Edition
Help your students get the most out of Herlihy’s A&P textbook! Corresponding to the chapters in The Human Body in Health and Illness, 6th Edition, this study guide reinforces understanding of Anatomy & Physiology with engaging exercises, activities, and quizzes. Textbook page references make it easy to match homework assignments with content in the main text.
- Textbook page references are included with the questions to make it easier to find and review A&P topics.
- Objectives at the beginning of each chapter reinforce the goals of the textbook and set a framework for study.
- Coloring activities help you study and remember the details of anatomy.
- Each chapter includes three parts:
- Mastering the Basics with matching, ordering, labeling, diagram reading, and coloring exercises
- Putting It All Together including multiple-choice quizzes and case studies\
- Challenge Yourself! with critical thinking questions and puzzles
- UPDATED content matches the new and revised material in the 6th edition of The Human Body in Health and Illness textbook.
1. Introduction to the Human Body
2. Basic Chemistry
4. Cell Metabolism
5. Microbiology Basics
6. Tissues and Membranes
7. Integumentary System and Body Temperature
8. Skeletal System
9. Muscular System
10. Nervous System: Nervous Tissue and Brain
11. Nervous System: Spinal Cord and Peripheral Nerves
12. Autonomic Nervous System
13. Sensory System
14. Endocrine System
16. Anatomy of the Heart
17. Function of the Heart
18. Anatomy of the Blood Vessels
19. Functions of the Blood Vessels
20. Lymphatic System
21. Immune System
22. Respiratory System
23. Digestive System
24. Urinary System
25. Water, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance
26. Reproductive Systems
27. Human Development and Heredity
Barbara Herlihy, PhD(Physiology), RN, Professor, University of the Incarnate Word, School of Nursing and Health Professions, San Antonio, TX