Stoelting's Anesthesia and Co-Existing Disease Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 7th Edition
A classic since its first publication nearly 25 years ago, Stoelting's Anesthesia and Co-Existing Disease, 7th Edition, by Drs. Roberta L. Hines and Katherine E. Marschall, remains your go-to reference for concise, thorough coverage of pathophysiology of the most common diseases and their medical management relevant to anesthesia. To provide the guidance you need to successfully manage or avoid complications stemming from pre-existing conditions there are detailed discussions of each disease, the latest practice guidelines, easy-to-follow treatment algorithms, and more.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 84 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- Presents detailed discussions of common diseases, as well as highlights of more rare diseases and their unique features that could be of importance in the perioperative period.
- Examines specific anesthesia considerations for special patient populations—including pediatric, obstetric and elderly patients.
- Features abundant figures, tables, diagrams, and photos to provide fast access to the most pertinent aspects of every condition and to clarify critical points about management of these medical illnesses.
- Ideal for anesthesiologists in practice and for anesthesia residents in training and preparing for boards. Printed and digital versions of this classic text are available.
- Includes brand new chapters on sleep-disordered breathing, critical care medicine and diseases of aging as well as major updates of nearly all other chapters.
- Covers respiratory disease in greater detail with newly separated chapters on Sleep Disordered Breathing; Obstructive Lung Disease; Restrictive Lung Disease; and Respiratory Failure.
- Provides the latest practice guidelines, now integrated into each chapter for quick reference.
1. Sleep-Related Breathing Disorders
2. Obstructive Respiratory Diseases
3. Restrictive Respiratory Diseases and Lung Transplantation
4. Critical Illness
5. Ischemic Heart Disease
6. Valvular Heart Disease
7. Congenital Heart Disease
8. Abnormalities of Cardiac Conduction and Cardiac Rhythm
9. Systemic and Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
10. Heart Failure and Cardiomyopathies
11. Pericardial Disease and Cardiac Trauma
12. Vascular Disease
13. Diseases Affecting the Brain
14. Spinal Cord Disorders
15. Diseases of the Autonomic and Peripheral Nervous Systems
16. Diseases of Aging
17. Diseases of the Liver and Biliary Tract
18. Diseases of the Gastrointestinal System
19. Inborn Errors of Metabolism
20. Nutritional Diseases: Obesity and Malnutrition
21. Fluid, Electrolyte and Acid-Base Disorders
22. Renal Disease
23. Endocrine Disease
24. Hematologic Disorders
25. Skin and Musculoskeletal Diseases
26. Infectious Diseases
27. Diseases Related to Immune System Dysfunction
29. Psychiatric Disease, Substance Abuse and Drug Overdose
30. Pediatric Diseases
31. Pregnancy-Associated Diseases
Roberta L. Hines, MD, Nicholas M. Greene Professor and Chairman, Department of Anesthesiology, Yale University School of Medicine, Chief of Anesthesiology, Yale-New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT and Katherine Marschall, MD, LLD (honoris causa), Anesthesiologist - retired, New Haven, CT