Study Guide and Procedure Checklist Manual for Kinn's The Clinical Medical Assistant - Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource, 13th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Get more practice with the essential medical assisting job skills! Designed to support Kinn’s The Clinical Medical Assistant: An Applied Learning Approach, 13th Edition, Kinn's The Clinical Medical Assistant – Study Guide and Procedure Checklist Manual Package: An Applied Learning Approach, 13th Edition offers a wide range of exercises to reinforce your understanding of common clinical skills — including CAAHEP and ABHES competencies.
- A variety of exercises test your knowledge and critical thinking skills with vocabulary review, multiple choice, fill in the blank, and true/false questions.
- Additional exercises enhance learning with skills and concepts, word puzzles, case studies, workplace applications, and Internet activities.
- Procedure checklists help you track your performance of every procedure included in the textbook.
- Work products allow you to provide documentation to instructors and to accrediting organizations when a competency has been mastered.
- Cross-references tie together exercises in the study guide to the Connections theme in the main text.
- NEW! Eight procedure checklists based on CAAHEP competencies provide an assessment tool for MA procedures.
- NEW! Glucometer test results and Mantoux test records allow you to assess how well you’re able to perform these procedures.
- NEW! SimChart for the Medical Office Connection ties EHR cases to appropriate chapters.
1. The Medical Assistant and Competency-Based Education
2. The Health Record
3. Infection Control
4. Patient Assessment
5. Patient Education
6. Nutrition and Health Promotion
7. Vital Signs
8. Assisting with the Primary Physical Examination
9. Principles of Pharmacology
10. Pharmacy Math
11. Administering Medications
12. All-Hazard Preparedness and Assisting with Medical Emergencies
13. Assisting with Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology
14. Assisting in Dermatology
15. Assisting in Gastroenterology
16. Assisting in Urology and Male Reproduction
17. Assisting in Obstetrics and Gynecology
18. Assisting in Pediatrics
19. Assisting in Orthopedic Medicine
20. Assisting in Neurology and Mental Health
21. Assisting in Endocrinology
22. Assisting in Pulmonary Medicine
23. Assisting in Cardiology
24. Assisting in Geriatrics
25. Principles of Electrocardiography
26. Assisting with Diagnostic Imaging
27. Assisting in the Clinical Laboratory
28. Assisting in the Analysis of Urine
29. Assisting in Blood Collection
30. Assisting in the Analysis of Blood
31. Assisting in Microbiology and Immunology
32. Surgical Supplies and Instruments
33. Surgical Asepsis and Assisting with Surgical Procedures
34. Career Development and Life Skills
Brigitte Niedzwiecki, RN, MSN, RMA, Medical Assistant Program Director & Instructor, Chippewa Valley Technical College, Eau Claire, Wisconsin, Julie Pepper, BS, CMA (AAMA), Medical Assisting Program Instructor, Health Navigator Program Director, Chippewa Valley Technical College, Eau Claire, Wisconsin, Deborah B. Proctor, EdD, RN, CMA, Professor and Director, Medical Assisting Program, Butler County Community College, Butler, PA, Marti Garrels, MSA, MT(ASCP), CMA (AAMA), Medical Assisting Program Consultant, Retired Medical Assisting Program Director, Lake Washington Institute of Technology, Kirkland, Washington and Helen Mills, Helen Mills, RN, MSN, RMA, LXMO, AHI Medical Assisting Program Coordinator and Advisor Keiser University Port St. Lucie, Florida