Slatter's Fundamentals of Veterinary Ophthalmology - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 6th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Learn to recognize, diagnose, and manage a wide range of common ocular conditions with Slatter’s Fundamentals of Veterinary Ophthalmology, 6th Edition. This thoroughly updated text provides the latest, most practical information on structure and function of the eye, the ophthalmic examination and diagnostic techniques, medical and surgical management of ocular disease, and management of ocular emergencies. Enhanced and logically organized coverage includes dogs, cats, horses, livestock, birds, and exotic pets. In addition, over 1,000 color photos and illustrations accurately depict ocular conditions encountered in practice and demonstrate diagnostic and surgical techniques. Edited by three of the most revered authorities in the field of veterinary ophthalmology, this reference is an essential aid to successful veterinary practice and education.
- Clinical Tips boxes such as "The Controversy Remains", "Did You Know?", "Look Again", and "Note" offer helpful practice advice and facts.
- UPDATED Additional species added to the exotics chapter include birds, small mammals, and others.
- A team of internationally respected veterinary ophthalmologists provide comprehensive, clinical expertise in all areas needed to evaluate, diagnose, manage, and monitor a patient with ophthalmic disease.
- Practical, clinically focused coverage provides a one-stop diagnostic guide to ophthalmic disease in small and large animals including dogs, cats, horses, livestock (cows, sheep, goats), birds, and exotic pets.
- Chapters on equine, livestock, and exotic pet ophthalmology written by specialists in these fields for the most clinically relevant coverage.
- NEW! Chapter on ophthalmic surgical techniques describes instrument and suture choice, patient positioning, surgical preparation, and general techniques.
- NEW! Additional drawings depict ophthalmic surgeries.
- NEW! In-depth equine and livestock ophthalmology content
- NEW! Suggested reading lists included at the end of each chapter.
1. The Eye and Vision 2. The Ophthalmic Examination and Diagnostic Testing 3. Ophthalmic Medications and Therapeutics 4. Principles of Ophthalmic Surgery 5. Diseases of the Orbit 6. Diseases of the Eyelids 7. Diseases of the Conjunctiva 8. Diseases of the Third Eyelid 9. Diseases of the Lacrimal System 10. Diseases of the Cornea and Sclera 11. Diseases of the Uvea 12. The Glaucomas 13. Diseases of the Lens 14. Diseases of the Vitreous 15. Diseases of the Retina 16. Neuroophthalmic Diseases 17. Ophthalmic Emergencies 18. Equine Ophthalmology 19. Livestock Ophthalmology 20. Exotic Pet and Avian Ophthalmology
APPENDIX Breed Predisposition to Eye Disorders Glossary Index
David Maggs, BVSc(Hons), DAVCO, Professor, Comparative Ophthalmology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California Davis, Paul Miller, DVM, DACVO, Clinical Professor of Comparative Ophthalmology, Department of Surgical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin and Ron Ofri, DVM, PhD, DECVO, Professor, Veterinary Ophthalmology, Koret School of Veterinary Medicine, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot, Israel