Drug Calculations Online for Calculate with Confidence, 7th Edition
Developed to accompany Calculate with Confidence, Drug Calculations Online, 7th Edition is an easy-to-navigate course that helps you master the three major drug calculation methods — ratio and proportion, formula, and dimensional analysis. Opportunities for application and practice abound with animations, interactive self-assessment activities, practice problems, quizzes, an audio glossary, interactive case studies, and various alerts and boxes.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- Three methods of calculation expose you to all calculation methods.
- Animations offer real world simulation and animation manipulation capabilities.
- Interactive self-assessment activities allow you to apply your knowledge in context and use your critical thinking skills.
- UNIQUE! Tutorials help you master drug calculations in the preferred method.
- Safety alerts, tips for clinical practice, and rule boxes create a more uniform correlation between the course and the text.
- Uniform organization creates a seamless correlation between the course and the text.
- Audio glossary serves as a quick reference to key definitions.
- NEW! Practice problems with current drug labels create more realistic learning.
- NEW! Updated ISMP and TJC guidelines enables you to learn the most up-to-date terms and abbreviations.
- NEW! Updated module content reflects new Calculate with Confidence, 7th edition by Gray Morris
Module 1. Roman Numerals
Module 2. Fractions
Module 3. Decimals
Module 4. Ratio and Proportion
Module 5. Percentages
Module 6. Metric System
Module 7. Apothecary and Household Systems
Module 8. Converting Within and Between Systems
Module 9. Additional Conversions Useful in the Health Care Setting
Module 10. Medication Administration
Module 11. Understanding and Interpreting Medication Orders
Module 12. Medication Administration Records and Drug Distribution Systems
Module 13. Reading Medication Labels
Module 14. Dosage Calculation Using the Ratio and Proportion Method
Module 15. Dosage Calculation Using the Formula Method
Module 16. Dosage Calculation Using the Dimensional Analysis Method
Module 17. Calculation of Oral Medications
Module 18. Parenteral Medications
Module 19. Reconstitution of Solutions
Module 20. Insulin
Module 21: Intravenous Solutions and Equipment
Module 22. Basic Intravenous Calculations
Module 23. Heparin Calculations
Module 24. Critical Care Calculations
Module 25. Pediatric and Adult Dosage Calculation Based on Weight
Deborah C. Morris, RN, BSN, MA, LNC, Professor of Nursing, Department of Nursing and Allied Health Sciences, Bronx Community College, Bronx, NY