The Electronic Health Record for the Physician’s Office,2nd Edition
Give your students hands-on practice with the Electronic Health Record! The Electronic Health Record for the Physician’s Office, 2nd Edition provides meaningful exposure to the EHR skills needed to master administrative, clinical, and billing/coding tasks. Enhanced EHR coverage prepares students for the Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist (CEHRS) examination, and includes mapping of content to CAAHEP, ABHES, and CEHRS blueprints. Realistic practice with essential EHR tasks helps students gain certification and succeed on the job. Access to SimChart for the Medical Office sold separately.
- Use of SimChart for the Medical Office (SCMO) for all EHR/practice management applications makes it easier to learn and apply EHR fundamentals.
- Realistic, hands-on practice helps you develop EHR skills including implementation, HIPAA compliance, troubleshooting, and submitting claims for reimbursement.
- Safe learning environment allows you to learn and practice tasks without fear of making a mistake affecting real patients.
- A guided tour through SCMO shows how to use the online simulations and practice EHR tasks.
- Application exercises in the appendix cover administrative, clinical, and insurance/billing, allowing you to practice the skills learned in the text.
- Student learning resources on the Evolve companion website include form upload, cases, additional insurance cards, and patient information forms, all providing additional practice.
- NEW! Enhanced EHR coverage provides in-depth preparation for the CEHRS examination.
- NEW! CEHRS examination preparation tools are included on Evolve.
1. Introduction to Electronic Health Records
2. Overview of SimChart® for the Medical Office
3. Privacy, Confidentiality, and Security
4. Administrative Use of the Electronic Health Record Patient Letter
5. Clinical Use of the Electronic Health Record
6. Using the Electronic Health Record for Reimbursement
7. The Personal Health Record and Patient Portals
Appendix A. Review of Paper-Based Office Procedures
Appendix B. CMS Documentation Guidelines
Appendix C. Front Office, Clinical Care, and Coding and Billing Application Exercises
Appendix D. SimChart® Supplement
Julie Pepper, BS, CMA (AAMA), Medical Assistant Instructor, Chippewa Valley Technical College, Eau Claire, Wisconsin