Surgical Instrumentation - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
With hundreds of detailed, full-color photographs of common surgical instruments, Surgical Instrumentation: An Interactive Approach, 3rd Edition helps you learn the identification, purpose, and set up of instruments for surgical procedures. Written for surgical technologists by a surgical technologist, it offers a level of visual clarity and realism unmatched by any other surgical instrument book. Many photos include close-up views of the instrument tip, so you can quickly discern differences between instruments. Interactive resources on Evolve allow you to view 360-degree rotations of more than 100 instruments. Also included are flash cards, timed memory exercises, Mayo stands, back-table set ups, quizzes, and instrument sets for common procedures in various surgical specialties.
- Over 660 full-color, high-quality photographs help you to learn the most common surgical instruments for all surgical procedures.
- Close-up photos of instruments show the details of each tip and demonstrating variations to make it easier to identify each surgical instrument.
- Consistent, clear, and concise instrument monographs include the name, common name, category, use (type of surgery and where on the body), cautions relating to safety or patient care, and other details such as regional name variations.
- NEW! Instrument sets for common procedures quickly accessible in specialty chapters.
- Presentation of two illustrations per page makes it easier to see the details of each instrument.
- Student resources on Evolve include all of the images from the text, additional 360-degree views and close-ups of over 100 instruments, animations of large and small fragment sets, and timed recall exercises for practice in learning instruments.
- Chapter quizzes on Evolve help you master the various instruments used in general and speciality surgeries.
- NEW! Chapter about Mayo stand and back-table covers common tray setup procedures.
- NEW! Additional close-up/inset photos with existing instruments give you a detailed way to examine and learn about instruments they’ll be working with on a daily basis.
- NEW! Content on robotics instruments familiarize you with the design and use of these advanced surgical utilities.
1. Introduction to Surgical Instruments 2. Basic Instruments 3. General Instruments 4. Laparoscopic Instruments 5. Robotic Instruments 6. Obstetrics and Gynecologic Instruments 7. Genitourinary Instruments 8. Ophthalmic Instruments 9. Otorhinolaryngology Instruments 10. Oral Instruments 11. Plastic and Reconstructive Instruments 12. Orthopedic Instruments 13. Neurosurgical Instruments 14. Cardiovascular Thoracic Instruments 15. NEW! Mayo Stand and Back-Table Setups
Renee Nemitz, CST, RN, AAS, Surgical Technology Program Instructor, Western Iowa Tech Community College, Sioux City, IA