Virtual Clinical Excursion Online & Print Workbook for Foundations of Nursing,8th Edition
One of the most complete nursing education learning systems available, Virtual Clinical Excursions 4.0 (VCE) is an interactive print and online workbook that guides students through a virtual hospital where the patients are real and their conditions are constantly changing. Each lesson features a core reading assignment from Foundations of Nursing, 8th Edition along with activities based on "visiting" the patients in the hospital. By immersing students in a realistic, yet safe, nursing environment, VCE simulates the average clinical rotation by allowing users to conduct a complete assessment of a patient and set priorities for care, collect information, analyze and interpret data, prepare and administer medications, and reach conclusions about complex problems. This unique virtual setting is the best way for students to learn about the complexities of patient care by giving them the perfect environment to practice what they’ve learned.
The online content for this product will be available March 2019.
- Online workbook guides you throughout the patient scenarios to collect information, make decisions, and set priorities.
- Vital signs tool within each patient’s room allows you to check the patient’s status at critical moments, and promotes safe practice.
- Nursing information regarding patients’ acute care provides quick access to vital information such as physician’s orders, laboratory reports, patient education, nursing admission, and more, offering a richly detailed portrait of the patient.
- Unique records that house data from the virtual patient’s hospital stay allows you to record new findings to see how the data for different attributes has changed over time.
- Physical examination experience with unique images and assessment findings advance your understanding of each patient’s system assessments.
- Nurse-client interaction videos depict conversations and situations involving nurses, patients, family members, and hospital staff to help you discern between communications that are ideal and those that need improvement.
- Patient medication administration enhances your ability to think critically about safe medication practices and follow safe medication standards.
- Updated drug reference includes a comprehensive set of the latest drug monographs to help you make the best clinical judgments involving medication administration.
- Allows for easy and quick access to various patient charts, including Physician’s Orders, Laboratory Reports, Patient Education, Nursing Admission, and many more.
- Laboratory guide provides standard value ranges for all laboratory values offered within the virtual patient hospital, so you can confirm and compare standard lab values against your patients’ test results.
- NEW! Updated content from Foundations of Nursing 8th Edition addressed through patient care activities in the VCE workbook, providing you with active learning of the latest evidence-based care.
Interactive Workbook Getting Started Lesson 1 An Overview of Communication Barriers Lesson 2 The Nursing Process Lesson 3 Patient Mobility Lesson 4 Patient Safety Lesson 5 Assessment of Vital Signs Lesson 6 The Nursing Assessment Lesson 7 Care of the Surgical Wound Lesson 8 Pain Management Lesson 9 Nutritional Assessment in a Malnourished Patient Lesson 10 Nutritional Assessment in an Overweight Person Lesson 11 Life Span Development Lesson 12 Establishment of End-of-Life Wishes Lesson 13 Care of the Dying Patient Lesson 14 Health Promotion in the Older Adult Lesson 15 Basic Mental Health Nursing Concepts Lesson 16 Care of the Patient with a Psychiatric Disorder
Online Virtual Hospital
Online Testing Program How to Create Quizzes and Exams from Question Pools William Jefferson Question Pool Delores Gallegos Question Pool Kathryn Doyle Question Pool Carlos Reyes Question Pool Goro Oshi Question Pool
Instructor Resources Getting Set Up with VCE Online Teaching Tips Key Icons FAQs System Requirements
Student Resources Getting Set Up with VCE Online Key Icons System Requirements
Kim Cooper, RN, MSN, Chair, Nursing Department Program, Ivy Tech State College, Terre Haute, IN and Kelly Gosnell, RN, MSN, Associate Professor of Nursing
Ivy Tech Community College
Terre Haute, Indiana