Virtual Clinical Excursions Online and Print Workbook for Foundations and Adult Health Nursing, 8th Edition
Simulations - VCE - Print Workbook
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- Online workbook guides you throughout the patient scenarios to collect information, make decisions, and set priorities.
- Vital signs tool within each patient’s room allows you to check the patient’s status at critical moments, and promotes safe practice.
- Nursing information regarding patients’ acute care provides quick access to vital information such as physician’s orders, laboratory reports, patient education, nursing admission, and more, offering a richly detailed portrait of the patient.
- Unique records that house data from the virtual patient’s hospital stay allows you to record new findings to see how the data for different attributes has changed over time.
- Physical examination experience with unique images and assessment findings advance your understanding of each patient’s system assessments.
- Nurse-client interaction videos depict conversations and situations involving nurses, patients, family members, and hospital staff to help you discern between communications that are ideal and those that need improvement.
- Patient medication administration enhances your ability to think critically about safe medication practices and follow safe medication standards.
- Updated drug reference includes a comprehensive set of the latest drug monographs to help you make the best clinical judgments involving medication administration.
- Allows for easy and quick access to various patient charts, including Physician’s Orders, Laboratory Reports, Patient Education, Nursing Admission, and many more.
- Laboratory guide provides standard value ranges for all laboratory values offered within the virtual patient hospital, so you can confirm and compare standard lab values against your patients’ test results.
- NEW! Updated content from Foundations and Adult Health Nursing 8th Edition addressed through patient care activities in the VCE workbook, providing you with active learning of the latest evidence-based care.
Lesson 1 An Overview of Communication Barriers
Lesson 2 The Nursing Process
Lesson 3 Patient Mobility
Lesson 4 Patient Safety
Lesson 5 Assessment of Vital Signs
Lesson 6 The Nursing Assessment
Lesson 7 Care of the Surgical Wound
Lesson 8 Pain Management
Lesson 9 Nutritional Assessment in a Malnourished Patient
Lesson 10 Nutritional Assessment in an Overweight Person
Lesson 11 Life Span Development
Lesson 12 Establishment of End-of-Life Wishes
Lesson 13 Care of the Dying Patient
Lesson 14 Health Promotion in the Older Adult
Lesson 15 Basic Mental Health Nursing Concepts
Lesson 16 Care of the Patient with a Psychiatric Disorder
Lesson 17 Care of the Patient with a Musculoskeletal Disorder
Lesson 18 Care of the Patient Experiencing Comorbid Conditions (Musculoskeletal and Endocrine)
Lesson 19 Developing a Plan of Care of the Patient with Osteomyelitis
Lesson 20 Postoperative Assessment
Lesson 21 Postoperative Complications
Lesson 22 Care of the Patient with Pneumonia
Lesson 23 Care of the Patient Experiencing Comorbid Conditions (Musculoskeletal and Respiratory)
Lesson 24 Prioritizing Care for the Patient with a Pulmonary Disorder
Lesson 25 Care of the Patient Experiencing Exacerbation of an Asthmatic Condition
Lesson 26 Developing a Plan of Care for the Asthmatic Patient with Psychological Complications
Lesson 27 Care and Treatment of the Patient with Complications of Cancer
Lesson 28 Care and Treatment of the Patient with Cancer
Lesson 29 Assessment of the Patient with Gastrointestinal Complications
Lesson 30 Colorectal Cancer and Care of the Patient after Gastrointestinal Surgery
Kim Cooper, RN, MSN, Chair, Nursing Department Program, Ivy Tech State College, Terre Haute, Indiana and Kelly Gosnell, RN, MSN, Associate Professor of Nursing, Ivy Tech Community College, Terre Haute, Indiana