Virtual Clinical Excursions Online and Print Workbook for Adult Health Nursing, 8th Edition
Simulations - VCE - Print Workbook
One of the most complete nursing education learning systems available, Virtual Clinical Excursions 4.0 (VCE) is an interactive print and online workbook that guides students through a virtual hospital where the patients are real and their conditions are constantly changing. Each lesson features a core reading assignment from Adult Health Nursing, 8th Edition along with activities based on "visiting" the patients in the hospital. By immersing students in a realistic, yet safe, nursing environment, VCE simulates the average clinical rotation by allowing users to conduct a complete assessment of a patient and set priorities for care, collect information, analyze and interpret data, prepare and administer medications, and reach conclusions about complex problems. This unique virtual setting is the best way for students to learn about the complexities of patient care by giving them the perfect environment to practice what they’ve learned.
- Online workbook guides you throughout the patient scenarios to collect information, make decisions, and set priorities.
- Vital signs tool within each patient’s room allows you to check the patient’s status at critical moments, and promotes safe practice.
- Nursing information regarding patients’ acute care provides quick access to vital information such as physician’s orders, laboratory reports, patient education, nursing admission, and more, offering a richly detailed portrait of the patient.
- Unique records that house data from the virtual patient’s hospital stay allows you to record new findings to see how the data for different attributes has changed over time.
- Physical examination experience with unique images and assessment findings advance your understanding of each patient’s system assessments.
- Nurse-client interaction videos depict conversations and situations involving nurses, patients, family members, and hospital staff to help you discern between communications that are ideal and those that need improvement.
- Patient medication administration enhances your ability to think critically about safe medication practices and follow safe medication standards.
- Updated drug reference includes a comprehensive set of the latest drug monographs to help you make the best clinical judgments involving medication administration.
- Allows for easy and quick access to various patient charts, including Physician’s Orders, Laboratory Reports, Patient Education, Nursing Admission, and many more.
- Laboratory guide provides standard value ranges for all laboratory values offered within the virtual patient hospital, so you can confirm and compare standard lab values against your patients’ test results.
- NEW! Updated content from Adult Health Nursing 8th Edition addressed through patient care activities in the VCE workbook, providing you with active learning of the latest evidence-based care.
Interactive Workbook Getting Started Lesson 1 Care of the Patient with a Musculoskeletal Disorder Lesson 2 Care of the Patient Experiencing Comorbid Conditions (Musculoskeletal and Endocrine) Lesson 3 Developing a Plan of Care of the Patient with Osteomyelitis Lesson 4 Postoperative Assessment Lesson 5 Postoperative Complications Lesson 6 Care of the Patient with Pneumonia Lesson 7 Care of the Patient Experiencing Comorbid Conditions (Musculoskeletal and Respiratory) Lesson 8 Prioritizing Care for the Patient with a Pulmonary Disorder Lesson 9 Care of the Patient Experiencing Exacerbation of an Asthmatic Condition Lesson 10 Developing a Plan of Care for the Asthmatic Patient with Psychological Complications Lesson 11 Care and Treatment of the Patient with Complications of Cancer Lesson 12 Care and Treatment of the Patient with Cancer Lesson 13 Assessment of the Patient with Gastrointestinal Complications Lesson 14 Colorectal Cancer ad Care of the Patient after Gastrointestinal Surgery
Online Virtual Hospital
Online Testing Program How to Create Quizzes and Exams from Question Pools Harry George Question Pool Jacquline Catanazaro Question Pool Piya Jordan Question Pool Clarence Hughes Question Pool Pablo Rodriguez Question Pool Patricia Newman Question Pool
Instructor Resources Getting Set Up with VCE Online Teaching Tips Key Icons FAQs System Requirements
Student Resources Getting Set Up with VCE Online Key Icons System Requirements
Kim Cooper, RN, MSN, Chair, Nursing Department Program, Ivy Tech State College, Terre Haute, Indiana and Kelly Gosnell, RN, MSN, Associate Professor of Nursing, Ivy Tech Community College, Terre Haute, Indiana