Clinical Skills: Skills for LPN/LVN Collection (Access Card), 1st Edition
Clinical Skills Online - Access Card
Clinical Skills: Skills for LPN/LVN Collection covers more than 140 of the most important nursing skills for fundamentals within a LPN/LVN program. Each skill in this collection features a consistent seven-part framework to guide students through all aspects of the skill. From high-definition videos that demonstrate each step of the skill to an interactive supply list that visually familiarizes students with related equipment, your students will walk away with a firm understanding of how to properly perform each skill before they ever step foot in the clinical environment. Best of all, this remarkable training product includes competency checklists and interactive quizzes for each skill to help you easily keep tabs on your students’ progress.
- Up-to-date, evidence-based content is reviewed and revised annually by clinical skills experts to reflect changes in practice as they arise.
- Convenient web-based program utilizes the same professional format that practicing nurses use to train.
- Consistent, competency-based format for learning skills offers a standardized way for you to learn and perform skills. Most skills feature the same types of skill learning tools to help you obtain a more holistic understanding of the skill and standard QSEN nursing competencies.
- Quick sheet provides a concise, step-by-step summary of the skill.
- Extended text offers an in-depth look at all aspects of the skill. Subjects addressed in the extended text section include:
- Safety alerts
- Patient and family education
- Delegation opportunities
- Monitoring and care
- Expected and unexpected outcomes
- Documentation guidelines
- Special gerontologic, pediatric, and home care considerations
- Evidence-based references
- Additional reading suggestions
- Interactive visual supply list features roll-over labeling to familiarize you with each piece of equipment needed to perform the skill.
- Demonstration videos and animations visually guide you through every necessary step involved in the skill.
- Images and illustrations highlight crucial procedures, equipment, and documents involved in the skill.
- Competency tests with rationales help you review and evaluate your understanding of the skill.
- Printable evaluation checklists help you measure and track various skill competencies.
141 LPN/LVN Nursing SkillsActive Listing: Connecting with Others Adding Items to a Sterile FieldAdministering a Cleansing EnemaAdministering Ear MedicationsAdministering Eye MedicationsAdministering Intradermal InjectionsAdministering Intramuscular InjectionsAdministering IV Medications by Mini-Infusion PumpAdministering IV Medications by PiggybackAdministering Medications by Intravenous BolusAdministering Oral MedicationsAdministering Parenteral Nutrition Through a Central Line (CPN)Administering PPN with Lipid InfusionAdministering Subcutaneous InjectionsApplying a Condom CatheterApplying a Nasal Cannula or Face MaskApplying an Estrogen Patch and Nitroglycerin OintmentApplying Elastic StockingsApplying RestraintsApplying Topical MedicationsAssessing Apical PulseAssessing Apical-Radial PulseAssessing PainAssessing Radial PulseAssessing Respiration: Rate, Rhythm and EffortAssessing WoundsAssessment for Postpartum DepressionAssisting with a BedpanAssisting with a Gown ChangeAssisting with a Tub Bath or ShowerAssisting with a UrinalAssisting with Ambulation Using a Gait BeltAssisting with MealsAssisting with Moving a Patient in BedAssisting with Positioning a Patient in BedCaring for a Suprapubic CatheterCaring for Pressure UlcersChange of Shift: Hand-offChanging a DressingChanging Intravenous DressingsChanging Intravenous Tubing and FluidsCleaning DenturesCollecting a Midstream Urine SpecimenCollecting a Specimen for Wound CultureCollecting a Sputum SpecimenCommunicating Effectively on the Job Dealing with Conflict Discontinuing Intravenous TherapyDocumenting Medication AdministrationDrawing Blood and Administering FluidDrawing up More than One Type of InsulinDressing the Infusion SiteEmpathy: The Foundation of Caring Enhancing your Promotability Ensuring Oxygen SafetyEnsuring the Six Rights of Medication AdministrationEstablishing and Maintaining a Sterile FieldFecal Occult Blood TestingHandling Medication VariationsInitiating a TransfusionInserting a Nasogastric TubeInserting a Rectal SuppositoryInserting an Indwelling Urinary Catheter in a Female PatientInserting an Indwelling Urinary Catheter in a Male PatientInterview Skills Irrigating a Urinary CatheterIrrigating WoundsMaintaining an AirwayMaking a Surgical BedMaking an Occupied BedMaking an Unoccupied BedManaging a Nasogastric TubeManaging PainMeasuring Height and WeightMeasuring Intake and OutputMeasuring Oxygen Saturation with Pulse OximetryMidline Catheter: Maintenance and Dressing ChangeMidline Catheter: RemovalMonitoring for Adverse Reactions to a TransfusionObtaining a Specimen from an Indwelling Urinary CatheterObtaining Blood Pressure by the One-Step MethodObtaining Blood Pressure by the Two-Step MethodPerforming a Complete or Partial Bed Bath Performing Back MassagePerforming Blood Glucose TestingPerforming Dressing Care for a Central Venous Access Device (CVAD)Performing Gastric Occult Blood TestingPerforming Hair Care and Shampooing in BedPerforming Hand HygienePerforming Intermittent Straight CatheterizationPerforming Nail and Foot CarePerforming Nasotracheal and Nasopharyngeal SuctioningPerforming Oral Hygiene for an Unconscious PatientPerforming Oropharyngeal SuctioningPerforming Passive Range-of-Motion ExercisesPerforming Perineal Care for a Female PatientPerforming Perineal Care for a Male PatientPerforming Sterile GlovingPerforming VenipuncturePeripherally Inserted Central Catheter: Removal SkillPouching a ColostomyPouching a UrostomyPouring a Sterile SolutionPreoperative AssessmentPreparing a Patient for SurgeryPreparing an Infusion SitePreparing and Administering InsulinPreparing for a TransfusionPreparing Injections from a VialPreparing Injections from an AmpulePresenting Yourself to the Workplace Preventing Medication ErrorsPromoting Family Support and ParticipationProviding Catheter CareProviding Enteral FeedingsProviding Postoperative CareProviding Tracheostomy CareRegulating an Intravenous InfusionRemoving a Feeding TubeRemoving an Indwelling Urinary CatheterScreening Urine for Chemical PropertiesSetting Oxygen Flow RatesShaving a Male PatientSolving Problems and Making Decisions Taking Aspiration PrecautionsTaking TemperaturesTeaching Postoperative ExercisesTransferring from a Bed to a StretcherTransferring from a Bed to a Wheelchair Using a Transfer BeltTroubleshooting Intravenous InfusionsTroubleshooting Vascular Access DevicesUsing a Dry Powder InhalerUsing a Hydraulic LiftUsing a Metered-Dose InhalerUsing a Prepackaged Sterile KitUsing a Sequential Compression DeviceUsing an Infusion PumpUsing Automated Medication Dispensing SystemsUsing Personal Protective EquipmentUsing Restraint AlternativesUsing Wound Drainage Systems