Nursing Skills Online Version 4.0 for Clinical Nursing Skills and Techniques, 9th Edition
Master important nursing skills for the clinical setting with Nursing Skills Online 4.0 (NSO). This interactive learning system offers 19 modules that are organized around the 5-step nursing process. Each module uses a structured pace to guide you through the skills that have the greatest effect on patient safety. Modules also include critical thinking tasks and case studies to help you apply your learning to realistic patient situations.
Duration for access to this product is for the life of the edition.
- The latest evidence-based information in clinical skills & techniques keeps you on the cutting edge of nursing.
- Case-based/problem-oriented format for learning activities provides you with real-life patient scenarios and promotes critical thinking.
- Frequent interactivity enhances your learning and engagement with content to make understanding complex concepts easier.
- Self-assessment exercises allow you to test your knowledge of key concepts including correct answers and rationales for immediate feedback.
- Lesson Post Tests provide an immediate score upon completion including rationales behind correct responses.
- Printable procedure guidelines enable you to study and learn anywhere you go.
- NEW! Cardiac Care module covers vital skills related to cardiac monitoring.
- NEW! Patient Centered Care screens address variations in approaches to patients of varied cultures and ages during the performance of the skill.
- NEW! QSEN correlated headings and exercises help you better understand the six Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) core competencies.
- NEW! Safety Considerations screens address the global safety issues in play for the lesson topic.
- NEW! Quality Improvement exercises present critical thinking challenges, prodding you to use patient care data to improve outcomes.
- NEW! Teamwork and Collaboration screens include information on delegation, as well as cooperation with other healthcare professionals who may have input in to patient welfare (physical therapists, nutritionists, respiratory therapists, pharmacists, etc.).
Module 01: Vital Signs
Module 02: Specimen Collection
Module 03: Infection Control
Module 04: Safety
Module 05: Safe Medication Preparation
Module 06: Administration of Nonparenteral Medications
Module 07: Administration of Parenteral Medications: Injections
Module 08: Administration of Parenteral Medications: Intravenous Medications
Module 09: Airway Management
Module 10: Cardiac Care (NEW!)
Module 11: Closed Chest Drainage Systems
Module 12: Intravenous Fluid Therapy
Module 13: Maintenance of Intravenous Fluid Therapy
Module 14: Caring for Central Vascular Access Devices (CVAD)
Module 15: Blood Therapy
Module 16: Enteral Nutrition
Module 17: Urinary Catheterization
Module 18: Bowel Elimination/Ostomy Care
Module 19: Wound Care
Anne Griffin Perry, RN, EdD, FAAN, Professor and Associate Dean, School of Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL, Patricia A. Potter, RN, MSN, PhD, FAAN, Director of Research, Patient Care Services
St. Louis, MO and Wendy Ostendorf, RN, MS, EdD, CNE, Neumann University, Aston, Pennsylvania