All-in-One Nursing Care Planning Resource Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 5th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Introduce your students to a plan for success with the only nursing care planning reference book for all core clinical areas! Swearingen's All-In-One Nursing Care Planning Resource, 5th Edition, features over 100 care plans including medical-surgical, maternity/OB, pediatrics, and psychiatric?mental health to help students care for patients in any setting. This new edition is the first in the market to include a unique, interprofessional, "patient problem" focus that teaches students how to speak to patients in conversational terms rather than in nursing-specific language. New non–medical-surgical care plans and updated content throughout reflect the latest evidence-based treatment guidelines for national and international clinical practice. Plus, with its clear approach, easy-to-use format, and straightforward rationales, students can use this one book throughout their entire nursing curriculum!
- Bolded and highlighted Safety Icons corresponds to the safety competency of the Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) initiative for easier recognition.
- Care plans for all four major clinical areas include medical-surgical, OB/maternity, pediatric, and psychiatric-mental health nursing care plans.
- A consistent format for each care plan enables you to perform faster searches, with headings for Overview/Pathophysiology, Health Care Setting, Assessment, Diagnostic Tests, Patient Problems, Desired Outcomes, Interventions with Rationales, and Patient-Family Teaching and Discharge Planning.
- Prioritized patient problems are listed in order of importance and physiologic patient needs.
- Detailed rationales for each nursing intervention help you apply concepts to specific patient situations in clinical practice.
- Full-color design makes the book more user friendly and includes color-coded tabs and improved cross-referencing and navigation aids for faster information retrieval.
- NEW! UNIQUE! Interprofessional "patient problems" focus familiarizes you with how to speak to patients and other medical colleagues in the consistent interprofessional language of "patient problems," rather than the nursing-specific language of nursing diagnosis.
- NEW! Care plans helps you to support the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning, or intersex patient.
- NEW! Updated content throughout reflects the latest evidence-based treatment guidelines and national and international clinical practice guidelines.
PART I: MEDICAL-SURGICAL NURSING Section 1: GENERAL CARE PLANS 1. Cancer Care 2. Older Adult Care 3. Pain 4. Palliative and End-of-Life Care 5. Perioperative Care 6. Prolonged Bedrest 7. Psychosocial Support For the Patient 8. Psychosocial Support for the Patient’s Family and Significant Others 9. Support for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, and Intersex Patients
Section 2: RESPIRATORY CARE PLANS 10. Acute Respiratory Failure 11. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease 12. Pneumonia 13. Pneumothorax/Hemothorax 14. Pulmonary Embolus 15. Pulmonary Tuberculosis
Section 3: CARDIOVASCULAR CARE PLANS 16. Aneurysms 17. Atherosclerotic Arterial Occlusive Disease 18. Cardiac and Noncardiac Shock (Circulatory Failure) 19. Cardiac Surgery 20. Coronary Artery Disease 21. Dysrhythmias and Conduction Disturbances 22. Heart Failure 23. Hypertension 24. Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension 25. Venous Thrombosis/Thrombophlebitis
Section 4: RENAL-URINARY CARE PLANS 26. Acute Renal Failure 27. Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy 28. Care of the Patient Undergoing Hemodialysis 29. Care of the Patient Undergoing Peritoneal Dialysis 30. Care of the Renal Transplant Recipient 31. Chronic Kidney Disease 32. Ureteral Calculi 33. Urinary Diversions 34. Urinary Tract Obstruction
Section 5: NEUROLOGIC CARE PLANS 35. General Care of Patients with Neurologic Disorders 36. Bacterial Meningitis 37. Guillain-Barré Syndrome 38. Intervertebral Disk Disease 39. Multiple Sclerosis 40. Parkinsonism 41. Seizures and Epilepsy 42. Spinal Cord Injury 43. Stroke 44. Traumatic Brain Injury
Section 6: ENDOCRINE CARE PLANS 45. Diabetes Insipidus 46. Diabetes Mellitus 47. Diabetic Ketoacidosis 48. Hyperglycemic Hyperosmolar Syndrome 49. Hyperthyroidism 50. Hypothyroidism 51. Syndrome of Inappropriate Antidiuretic Hormone
Section 7: GASTROINTESTINAL CARE PLANS 52. Abdominal Trauma 53. Appendicitis 54. Cholelithiasis, Cholecystitis, and Cholangitis 55. Cirrhosis 56. Crohn’s Disease 57. Fecal Diversions: Colostomy, Ileostomy, and Ileal Pouch Anal Anastomoses 58. Hepatitis 59. Pancreatitis 60. Peptic Ulcer Disease 61. Peritonitis 62. Ulcerative Colitis
Section 8: HEMATOLOGIC CARE PLANS 63. Anemias of Chronic Disease 64. Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation 65. Polycythemia 66. Thrombocytopenia
Section 9: MUSCULOSKELETAL CARE PLANS 67. Amputation 68. Fractures 69. Joint Replacement Surgery 70. Osteoarthritis 71. Osteoporosis 72. Rheumatoid Arthritis
Section 10: SPECIAL NEEDS CARE PLANS 73. Caring for Individuals with Human Immunodeficiency Virus 74. Managing Wound Care 75. Providing Nutritional Support
PART II: PEDIATRIC NURSING CARE PLANS 76. Asthma 77. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder 78. Bronchiolitis 79. Burns 80. Child Abuse and Neglect 81. Cystic Fibrosis 82. Diabetes Mellitus in Children 83. Fractures in Children 84. Gastroenteritis 85. Otitis Media 86. Poisoning 87. Sickle Cell Pain Crisis
PART III: Section 1: MATERNITY NURSING CARE PLANS 88. Bleeding in Pregnancy 89. Diabetes in Pregnancy 90. Hyperemesis Gravidarum 91. Normal Labor 92. Postpartum Wound Infection 93. Preeclampsia 94. Preterm Labor 95. Preterm Premature Rupture of Membranes
PART IV: PSYCHIATRIC NURSING CARE PLANS 96. Anxiety Disorders 97. Bipolar Disorder (Manic Component) 98. Dementia—Alzheimer’s Type 99. Major Depression 100. Schizophrenia 101. Substance-Related and Addictive Disorders
BIBLIOGRAPHY General Index
Pamela L. Swearingen, Special Project Editor, Grand Rapids, MN and Jacqueline Wright