Study Guide for Essentials for Nursing Practice, 9th Edition
Corresponding to the chapters in Essentials for Nursing Practice, 9th Edition, Study Guide for Essentials for Nursing Practice reinforces your understanding of key nursing ideas. Each chapter includes a Preliminary Reading, Case Study questions, a Chapter Review, Study Group Questions, and directions to help you create your own personalized Study Chart for the chapter. In addition, each Chapter Review includes many different kinds of questions to keep learning the material interactive and fun!
- Answers and rationales included on the Essentials for Nursing Practice Evolve
- Each chapter includes a case study with related questions allowing students to apply what they’ve learned.
- Chapter review questions include matching, short answer, multiple choice, and true/false questions provide students with evaluation and test-taking practice.
- Study group questions make it easier for students to review material with their peers site.
- Skills performance checklists help you measure your mastery of important nursing procedures.
- Study charts in select chapters helps provide focus and structure for students reviewing the material and key concepts.
- NEW! Content completely updated to match Nursing Essentials 9th Edition.
- NEW! Chapter on Complementary and Alternative Therapies, addresses content that is now included on the NCLEX® exam.
- NEW! Preliminary Readings sections provide you with an easy reference point to the related text chapter.
1. Professional Nursing
2. Health and Wellness
3. The Health Care Delivery System
4. Community-Based Nursing Practice
5. Legal Implications in Nursing Practice
7. Evidence-Based Practice
8. Critical Thinking
9. Nursing Process
10. Informatics and Documentation
12. Patient Education
13. Managing Patient Care
14. Infection Prevention and Control
15. Vital Signs
16. Health Assessment and Physical Examination
17. Administering Medications
18. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balances
19. NEW! Complementary and Alternative Therapies
20. Caring in Nursing Practice
21. Cultural Awareness
22. Spiritual Health
23. Growth and Development
24. Self-Concept and Sexuality
25. Family Dynamics
26. Stress and Coping
27. Loss and Grief
28. Exercise and Activity
34. Pain Management
36. Urinary Elimination
37. Bowel Elimination
38. Skin Integrity and Wound Care
39. Sensory Perceptions
40. Surgical Patient
Patricia A. Potter, RN, PhD, FAAN, Director of Research,Patient Care Services,Barnes-Jewish Hospital,St. Louis, Missouri, Anne Griffin Perry, RN, MSN, EdD, FAAN, Professor Emerita,School of Nursing,Southern Illinois University,Edwardsville, Illinois, Patricia A. Stockert, RN, BSN, MS, PhD, President of the College, Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing, Peoria, Illinois., Amy Hall, RN, BSN, MS, PhD, CNE, Professor and Dean, School of Nursing, Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana and Patricia Castaldi, DNP, RN, Director, Practical Nursing Program, Union County College; Plainfield, NJ