White and Pharoah's Oral Radiology Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 8th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Written specifically for dentists, White and Pharoah’s Oral Radiology: Principles and Interpretation 8th Edition incorporates over 1,500 high-quality radiographic images and illustrations to demonstrate core concepts and essential principles and techniques of oral and maxillofacial radiology. The new edition of this bestselling book delivers with state-of-the-art information on oral radiology principles and techniques, and image interpretation. Dental student will gain a solid foundation in radiation physics, radiation biology, and radiation safety and protection before introducing including specialized techniques such as MRI and CT. As well, students will learn how to recognize the key radiographic features of pathologic conditions and interpret radiographs accurately. The 8th edition also includes new chapters on Radiologic Anatomy, Beyond 3D Imaging, and Diseases Affecting the Structure of Bone. A practical guide to using today’s technology, this unique text helps your students provide state-of-the-art care!
- Over 1,500 high quality dental radiographs, full color photos, and illustrations clearly demonstrate core concepts and reinforce the essential principles and techniques of oral and maxillofacial radiology.
- Updated Extensive coverage of all aspects of oral and maxillofacial radiology includes the entire predoctoral curriculum.
- A wide array of radiographic images including advanced imaging such as MRI and CT.
- An easy-to-follow format simplifies the key radiographic features of each pathologic condition, including location, periphery, shape, internal structure, and effects on surrounding structures — placed in context with clinical features, differential diagnosis, and management.
- Expert contributors include many authors with worldwide reputations.
- Case studies apply imaging concepts to real-world scenarios.
- NEW! New editors Sanjay Mallya and Ernest Lam along with new contributors bring a fresh perspective on oral radiology.
- NEW! Chapter! Beyond 3D Imaging introduces applications of 3D imaging such as stereolithic models.
- NEW! Chapter Radiological Anatomy includes all radiological anatomy content allowing you to better visualize and understand normal appearances of structures on conventional and contemporary imaging, side-by-side.
- NEW! Coverage of Diseases Affecting the Structure of Bone consolidated into one chapter to simplify foundational basic science information and its applications to radiologic interpretation.
Part I: Foundations 1. Physics 2. Biological Effects of Ionizing Radiation 3. Safety and Protection Part II: Imaging 4. Digital Imaging 5. Film Imaging 6. Projection Geometry 7. Intraoral Projections 8. Cephalometric and Skull Imaging 9. Panoramic Imaging 10. Cone Beam Computed Tomography: Volume Acquisition 11. Cone Beam Computed Tomography: Volume Preparation 12. Radiologic Anatomy 13. Other Imaging Modalities 14. Beyond Three-Dimensional Imaging 15. Dental Implants 16. Quality Assurance and Infection Control 17. Prescribing Diagnostic Imaging
Part III: Interpretation 18. Principles of Radiographic Interpretation 19. Dental Caries 20. Periodontal Diseases 21. Dental Anomalies 22. Inflammatory Disease 23. Cysts 24. Benign Tumors and Neoplasms 25. Diseases Affecting the Structure of Bone 26. Malignant Neoplasms 27. Trauma 28. Paranasal Sinus Diseases 29. Craniofacial Anomalies 30. Temporomandibular Joint Abnormalities 31. Soft Tissue Calcifications and Ossifications 32. Salivary Gland Diseases
Part IV : Other Applications 33. Forensics
Sanjay Mallya, B.D.S., M.D.S., Ph.D., Chair of the Section of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology, Associate Professor, Residency Program Director (Oral & Maxillofacial Radiology) UCLA School of Dentistry. and Ernest Lam, DMD, MSc, PhD, FRCD, Professor and Dr. Lloyd and Mrs. Kay Chapman Chair in Clinical Sciences, Graduate Program Director and Head, Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology, University of Toronto, Faculty of Dentistry, Toronto, Ontario, Canada