Elsevier Adaptive Learning for Surgical Technology, 7th Edition
Elsevier Adaptive Learning
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Surgical Technology, 7th Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Learning combines the power of brain science with sophisticated, patented Cerego algorithms to help you learn faster and remember longer. It’s fun; it’s engaging; and it’s constantly tracking your performance and adapting to deliver content precisely when it’s needed to ensure core information is transformed into lasting knowledge.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- An individual study schedule reduces cognitive workload and helps you become a more effective learner by automatically guiding the learning and review process.
- The mobile app offers a seamless learning experience between your smartphone and the web with your memory profile maintained and managed in the cloud.
- UNIQUE! Your memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify personal learning and forgetting patterns.
- UNIQUE! Material is re-presented just before you would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay.
- A personalized learning pathway is established based on your learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress.
PART I: SURGICAL TECHNOLOGY PRINCIPLES 1. The Surgical Technologist 2. Communication and Teamwork 3. Law, Documentation, and Professional Ethics 4. The Health Care Facility 5. The Patient 6. Diagnostic and Assessment Procedures 7. Environmental Hazards 8. Microbes and the Process of Infection 9. The Principles and Practice of Aseptic Technique 10. Decontamination, Sterilization, and Disinfection 11. Surgical Instruments 12. Perioperative Pharmacology 13. Anesthesia and Physiological Monitoring 14. Postanesthesia Recovery 15. Death and Dying 16. Physics and Information Technology 17. Energy Sources in Surgery 18. Moving, Handling, and Positioning the Surgical Patient 19. Surgical Skin Preparation and Draping 20. Case Planning and Intraoperative Procedures 21. Management of the Surgical Wound
PART II: SURGICAL TECHNOLOGY PRACTICE 22. Minimally Invasive Endoscopic and Robotic-Assisted Surgery 23. General Surgery 24. Gynecological and Obstetrical Surgery 25. Genitourinary Surgery 26. Ophthalmic Surgery 27. Surgery of the Ear, Nose, Pharynx, and Larynx 28. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 29. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 30. Orthopedic Surgery 31. Peripheral Vascular Surgery 32. Thoracic and Pulmonary Surgery 33. Cardiac Surgery 34. Pediatric Surgery 35. Neurosurgery 36. Emergency Trauma Surgery 37. Disaster Preparedness and Response
APPENDIXES: A. Common Pathology by System B. Drugs and Substances Associated with Surgery C. Math Review D. Computer Operations GLOSSARY INDEX
Joanna Kotcher Fuller, Independent Consultant in Medical and Surgical Coordination in Conflict Environments, USA