SimPractice for Nursing, 1st Edition
Simulations - SimPractice
Offering fully immersive, case-based simulation scenarios, SimPractice for Nursing gives you the opportunity to apply your clinical skills in a safe, yet realistic environment. Along the way, you’ll gain valuable practice performing key skills and making decisions to help strengthen your clinical competency, as well as expand your critical thinking abilities and soft skills, such as communication.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- Realistic virtual scenarios challenge you to make decisions and choose a course of action using a combination of case background information, assessment findings, and unfolding events during the simulation.
- Interactive dialogue, including subjective assessment, patient education, and interdisciplinary communication, enables you to practice and improve your therapeutic communication skills.
- Various skills are required to successfully navigate the simulation scenarios, allowing you to further develop your psychomotor, assessment, learner-led intervention, and clinical decision making and judgment skills.
- After-Action Reports provide a patient outcome summary at the end of each simulation that indicates correct and incorrect actions.
- Assessing Height & Weight
- Assessing Mental Status
- Assessing the Abdomen
- Assessing the Chest & Lungs
- Assessing the Head & Neck
- Assessing the Heart
- Assessing the Musculoskeletal System
- Assessing the Neurologic System
- Assessing the Peripheral Vascular System
- Assessing the Skin, Hair, & Nails
- Conducting a Head-to-Toe (Focused) Examination
- Administering an Oral Medication
- Cognitive Assessment
- Environmental Safety Assessment
- Hand-Off Report - SBAR
- Hand Washing
- Orthostatic Blood Pressure Assessment
- Pain Assessment
- Peak Flow Testing
- Pressure Ulcer Identification
- Prioritization of Patient Care
- Vital Signs Assessment
- Gastrointestinal Problems
- Heart Failure
- Postmortem Care
- Respiratory Problems
- Fetal Monitoring
- Newborn Care
- Postpartum Hemorrhage
- Caloric Requirements
- Fluid Requirements
- Substance Abuse
- School Health Nursing
- Palliative, Hospice, and End-of-Life Care