Workbook for Pharmacology for Pharmacy Technicians - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 3rd Edition
Reinforce your comprehension of pharmacologic concepts with this hands-on workbook. Specially designed to parallel the material in Pharmacology for Pharmacy Technicians, 3rd Edition, this workbook provides in-depth study and review of the terminology, principles, and applications of pharmacology needed for certification and practice as a Pharmacy Technician. Its user-friendly format and engaging learning exercises include vocabulary quizzes, review questions, critical thinking exercises, research activities, and new case applications to help you build a solid foundation for pharmacy practice!
- Chapter-by-chapter correlation with textbook is ideal for in-class review or remediation.
- Learning exercises include terms and definitions, multiple-choice, matching, true/false, critical thinking, and research activities to encourage higher-level application of content.
- UPDATED! Drug information reflects the latest dosage and prescription guidelines.
- Comprehensive, updated content is tailored to the needs of Pharmacy Technician education.
- NEW! Case scenarios and questions promote real-world application of text content.
- IMPROVED! New and revised review questions offer a mix of recall, comprehension, and application for progressive learning
- NEW! Coverage of advancements in the areas of vaccines, HIV/AIDS, cancer, and diabetes provide students with the latest information for these chronic conditions.
- NEW! Additional artwork supports foundational and body-system pharmacology content.
Unit I: Introduction to Pharmacology 1. Fundamentals of Pharmacology 2. Principles of Pharmacology 3. Pharmacodynamics 4. Drug Interactions and Medication Errors
Unit II: Drugs Affecting the Autonomic Nervous System and Central Nervous System 5. Treatment of Anxiety 6. Treatment of Depression 7. Treatment of Schizophrenia and Psychoses 8. Treatment of Alzheimer’s, Huntington’s and Parkinson’s Disease 9. Treatment of Seizure Disorders 10. Treatment of Pain and Migraine Headache 11. Treatment of Sleep Disorders and Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Unit III: Drugs Affecting the Musculoskeletal System 12. Neuromuscular Blockade and Muscle Spasms 13. Treatment of Gout, Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis 14. Treatment of Osteoporosis and Paget’s Disease of the Bone
Unit IV: Drugs Affecting the Ophthalmic and Otic Systems 15. Treatment of Diseases of the Eye 16. Treatment of Disorders of the Ear
Unit V: Drugs Affecting the Cardiovascular System 17. Treatment of Angina 18. Treatment of Hypertension 19. Treatment of Heart Disease and Stroke 20. Treatment of Arrhythmia
Unit VI: Drugs Affecting the Gastrointestinal System 21. Treatment of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, Laryngopharyngeal Reflux, and Peptic Ulcer Disease 22. Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Ulcerative Colitis, and Crohn’s Disease
Unit VII: Drugs Affecting the Respiratory System 23. Treatment of Asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease 24. Treatment of Allergies
Unit VIII: Drugs Affecting the Endocrine System 25. Treatment of Thyroid Disorders 26. Treatment of Diabetes Mellitus
Unit IX: Drugs Affecting the Reproductive System 27. Drugs That Affect the Reproductive System 28. Treatment of Prostate Disease and Erectile Dysfunction
Unit X: Drugs Affecting the Immune System 29. Treatment of Bacterial Infections 30. Treatment of Viral Infections 31. Treatment of Cancers 32. Vaccines and Immunomodulators
Unit XI: Drugs Affecting the Integumentary System 33. Treatment of Fungal Infections 34. Treatment of Pressure Injuries and Burns 35. Treatment of Acne 36. Treatment of Eczema and Psoriasis 37. Treatment of Lice & Scabies
Kathy Moscou, RPh, MPH, PhD candidate, PPRC Fellow, Research Affiliate
Centre for Aboriginal and Rural Education Studies
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
Former Director, Pharmacy Technician Program (1989-2006), North Seattle Community College, Vancouver, WA and Karen Snipe, CPhT, AS, BA, MEd, Pharmacy Technician Program Coordinator, Department Head, Diagnostic and Imaging Services, Trident Technical College, Charleston, SC