Medical Terminology Online with Elsevier Adaptive Learning for The Language of Medicine, 12th Edition
Medical Terminology Online with Elsevier Adaptive Learning is the perfect learning supplement to help you fully master the medical vocabulary covered in Davi-Ellen Chabner's The Language of Medicine, 12th Edition. Using a wide range of auditory and visual elements, various interactive exercises, and a unique adaptive learning tool; this engaging online course will reinforce your understanding of medical language, and help you to synthesize and apply medical terms to the clinical setting. This new edition is now fully 508-compliant to cater to all types of learners — including those with disabilities. And with features like narrated animations, audio reviews, games, and variety of interactive activities to demonstrate the meaning and use of common medical terms, this engaging online course will give you all the learning tools you need to start synthesizing and applying medical terms to the clinical setting.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s Adaptive Learning helps learners master material at the lesson level.
- Outcome-based learning includes objectives for each module, with an assessment quiz after each section to determine whether learners have achieved the desired learning outcome.
- Audio reviews after each lesson provide learners the opportunity to hear terminology in context.
- Wealth of interactive exercises help learners recall and recognize medical terms with word building, identification, spelling, pronunciation, matching, multiple choice, true or false, fill-in-blank, labeling, and case studies.
- Glossary of over 6,000 terms provides one-click access to definitions and pronunciations in English and Spanish.
- UNIQUE! Listen and Choose activity assures that learners are understanding terminology in an audio context.
- Quality Matters certification verifies this online course has all the elements and functionality required by the country’s leading online course certifier.
- UNIQUE! Terminology videos visually demonstrate difficult terminology concepts.
- Gradeable case studies helps gauge understanding of medical terminology in context.
- Over 1000 illustrations of anatomy, disease, and disorders reinforce learning.
- NEW! 508-compliant course ensures learners with disabilities can take full advantage of the supplemental web-based learning tools.
- NEW! Updated content and images keep learners up to date with the latest changes in healthcare.
- NEW! New animations engage learners and help reinforce understanding of difficult terms.
1. Basic Word Structure
2. Terms Pertaining to the Body as a Whole
5. Digestive System
6. Additional Suffixes and Digestive System Terminology
7. Urinary System
8. Female Reproductive System
9. Male Reproductive System
10. Nervous System
11. Cardiovascular System
12. Respiratory System
13. Blood System
14. Lymphatic/Immune System
15. Musculoskeletal System
17. Sense Organs: Eye and Ear
18. Endocrine System
19. Cancer Medicine (Oncology)
20. Radiology and Nuclear Medicine
Davi-Ellen Chabner, BA, MAT