Medical Terminology Online with Elsevier Adaptive Learning for Quick & Easy Medical Terminology, 9th Edition
Get a high-quality online learning experience for yourself! Medical Terminology Online with Elsevier’s Adaptive Learning (EAL) uses supplementary content and engaging exercises to help you master the medical vocabulary presented in Leonard’s Quick & Easy Medical Terminology textbook. This fully-accessible online course allows you to learn faster by delivering content precisely when it’s needed while constantly tracking your performance – ensuring core information is transformed into lasting clinical knowledge. The 9th Edition is enhanced with case studies, audio reviews and activities, and EAL assignments that report to the instructor’s dashboard.
Duration for access to this product is for the life of the edition.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s Adaptive Learning gives you the ability to master material at the lesson level.
- Outcome-based learning, designed to map to particular module objectives, ensures that you are meeting the course objectives and provides feedback about learning outcomes.
- A wealth of interactive exercises, including word building, identification, spelling, pronunciation, matching, multiple choice, true or false, fill-in-blank, labelling, and case studies, offer frequent opportunities to recall and recognize medical terms with the goal of rehearsing them into long-term memory.
- Gradable case studies allows you to demonstrate your knowledge of medical terminology in context.
- UNIQUE! Audio reviews at end of each lesson provide you with the ability to hear medical terminology in context so you can be confident you are pronouncing terms correctly.
- Medical record activities and case studies with embedded questions familiarize you with a variety of entries in the medical record, and demonstrate why knowledge of medical terminology is so important in the clinical setting.
- Over 50 animations and slide shows throughout course with narration demonstrate and describe physiologic and pathologic processes that are difficult to convey with static illustrations.
- Quizzes at the end of each section and exams at the end of each module provide automatic scoring and reporting.
- Original art program reinforces learning with 600 anatomical and disease and disorder illustrations, along with many drawings and graphics.
- UNIQUE! Listen and Choose activity assures that you understand terminology in an audio context.
- NEW! UNIQUE! Now fully 508 WCAG 2.0 accessible so you can learn medical terminology in an interactive environment.
- NEW! Content and images keep you up to date with terminology and technology.
1. Simplified Medical Language
2. Suffixes and Combining Forms Made Easy
3. Essential Prefixes and More
4. Diagnostic Procedures and Therapeutic Interventions
5. The Body as a Whole
6. Musculoskeletal System
7. Circulatory System
8. Respiratory System
9. Digestive System
10. Urinary System
11. Reproductive System
12. Integumentary System
13. Nervous System and Psychologic Disorders
14. Special Sensory Organs of the Peripheral Nervous System
15. Endocrine System
Peggy C. Leonard, BA, MT, MEd, Chesterfield, MO