Workbook for Surgical Technology - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 7th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Correlating chapter-for-chapter with the text, Workbook for Surgical Technology: Principles and Practice, 7th Edition provides the essential practice and review needed to support classroom and clinical success. Easy to understand and simple to use, this Workbook includes terminology review, a variety of practice questions, and case studies with critical thinking questions for key surgical technology functions. New exercises cover new content on dynamic topics like robotics and lasers. More than 70 skills performance checklists let you evaluate your own learning.
- Correlates chapter-by-chapter to the text so you can use the Workbook seamlessly as you use the text and gain extra opportunities for practice to help ensure comprehension.
- Robust practice opportunities include labeling activities and terminology review, fill in the blank, short-answer, and multiple-choice questions to help reinforce the learning outcomes, key terminology, and important concepts through active engagement and assessment of content mastery.
- Case studies feature related questions and present realistic clinical situations or scenarios that challenge you to expand your critical thinking skills and apply what you learn.
- Perforated pages allow you to remove some or all competency sheets for use in clinical evaluation settings.
- EXPANDED! More than 70 skills performance checklists allow you to assess your own skills, helping prepare you for the certification examination.
- NEW! Exercises cover new content on dynamic topics, including professionalism, equipment and technology, robotics and lasers, and advances in orthopedic, cardiovascular, and neurological surgeries, ensures that you are exposed to the most current information and evidence-based practice.
- IMPROVED! More types of practice questions, encompassing recall, comprehension, and application, help better assess your comprehension.
- EXPANDED! Additional labeling exercises provide more practice to improve your comprehension, especially regarding positioning, draping, and instruments.
PART I: SURGICAL TECHNOLOGY PRINCIPLES 1. The Surgical Technologist 2. Communication and Teamwork 3. Law, Documentation, and Professional Ethics 4. The Health Care Facility 5. The Patient 6. Diagnostic and Assessment Procedures 7. Environmental Hazards 8. Microbes and the Process of Infection 9. The Principles and Practice of Aseptic Technique 10. Decontamination, Sterilization, and Disinfection 11. Surgical Instruments 12. Perioperative Pharmacology 13. Anesthesia and Physiological Monitoring 14. Postanesthesia Recovery 15. Death and Dying 16. Physics and Information Technology 17. Energy Sources in Surgery 18. Moving, Handling, and Positioning the Surgical Patient 19. Surgical Skin Preparation and Draping 20. Case Planning and Intraoperative Procedures 21. Management of the Surgical Wound
PART II: SURGICAL TECHNOLOGY PRACTICE 22. Minimally Invasive Endoscopic and Robotic-Assisted Surgery 23. General Surgery 24. Gynecological and Obstetrical Surgery 25. Genitourinary Surgery 26. Ophthalmic Surgery 27. Surgery of the Ear, Nose, Pharynx, and Larynx 28. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 29. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 30. Orthopedic Surgery 31. Peripheral Vascular Surgery 32. Thoracic and Pulmonary Surgery 33. Cardiac Surgery 34. Pediatric Surgery 35. Neurosurgery 36. Emergency Trauma Surgery 37. Disaster Preparedness and Response
Joanna Kotcher Kotcher Fuller, Independent Consultant in Medical and Surgical Coordination in Conflict Environments, USA