Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing for McCurnin's Clinical Textbook for Veterinary Technicians (Retail Access Card), 8th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to McCurnin’s Clinical Textbook for Veterinary Technicians, 8th Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is the fun and engaging way to focus your study time and effectively prepare for class, course exams, and summative exams. Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is comprised of a bank of high-quality practice questions that allows you to advance at your own pace — based on your performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter. A comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your progress and stay motivated.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Unfolding questions become progressively more complex as you advance to higher levels, incorporating concepts such as delegation, multi-system disease, or complicating conditions to help you strengthen your critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and summative exams.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- UNIQUE! In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- The engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you’ll be able to navigate through the program with ease.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter, topic, or concept allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic item options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable summative exam preparation.
- The comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
Module One: Veterinary Technology: An Overview • Introduction to Veterinary Technology: Its Laws and Ethics • Veterinary Practice Management • Written and Digital Medical Records • Occupational Health and Safety in Veterinary Hospitals
Module Two: Patient Management and Nutrition • Animal Behavior • Restraint and Handling of Animals • History and Physical Examination • Preventive Health Programs • Companion Animal Nutrition • Large Animal Nutrition • Animal Reproduction
Module Three: Clinical Sciences • Hematology, Cytology • Clinical Chemistry, Serology and Urinalysis • Parasitology • Clinical Microbiology • Diagnostic Imaging • Basic Necropsy Procedures
Module Four: Medical Nursing • Diagnostic Sampling and Treatment Techniques • Small Animal Medical Nursing • Large Animal Medical Nursing • Neonatal Care of Puppy, Kitten, and Foal • Care of Birds, Reptiles and Small Mammals • Physical Therapy, Rehabilitation, and Alternative Medical Nursing
Module Five: Emergency and Critical Care • Fluid Therapy and Transfusion Medicine • Emergency & Critical Care Nursing • Wound Management and Bandaging
Module Six: Anesthesia, Analgesia and Pharmacology • Pharmacology and Pharmacy • Pain Management • Veterinary Anesthesia
Module Seven: Surgical Nursing • Surgical instruments and Aseptic Technique • Surgical Assistance and Suture Material • Small Animal Surgical Nursing • Large Animal Surgical Nursing • Veterinary Dentistry
Module Eight: End of Life • Geriatric and Hospice Care: Supporting the Aged and Dying Patient • The Human Animal Bond and Euthanasia
Joanna M. Bassert, VMD, Professor and Director, Program of Veterinary Technology, Manor College, Jenkintown, PA and John Thomas, DVM, Assistant Professor, Veterinary Technology, Cuyahoga Community College, Cleveland, OH