Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing for McCurnin's Clinical Textbook for Veterinary Technicians (Access Card), 9th Edition
Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing - Access Card
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to McCurnin's Clinical Textbook for Veterinary Technicians, 9th Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing (EAQ) integrates seamlessly into your course to help students of all skill levels focus their study time and effectively prepare for class, course exams, and summative exams. EAQ is comprised of a bank of high-quality practice questions that allows students to advance at their own pace — based on their performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter. A comprehensive dashboard allows students to view their progress and stay motivated. The educator dashboard and reporting capabilities enable you to monitor the activity of individual students, assess overall class performance, and identify areas of strength and weakness, ultimately helping to achieve improved learning outcomes.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Unfolding questions become progressively more complex as you advance to higher levels, incorporating concepts such as delegation, multi-system disease, or complicating conditions to help you strengthen your critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and summative exams.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- UNIQUE! In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- The engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you’ll be able to navigate through the program with ease.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter, topic, or concept allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic item options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable summative exam preparation.
- The comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
Part One: Veterinary Technology: An Overview 1. Introduction to Veterinary Technology: Its Laws and Ethics 2. Veterinary Practice Management 3. Veterinary Medical Records 4. Occupational Health and Safety in Veterinary Hospitals
Part Two: Patient Management and Nutrition 5. Animal Behavior Valarie V. Tynes 6. Restraint and Handling of Animals 7. History and Physical Examination 8. Preventive Health Programs 9. Companion Animal Nutrition 10. Large Animal Nutrition 11. Animal Reproduction
Part Three: Clinical Sciences 12. Hematology, Cytology 13. Clinical Chemistry, Serology and Urinalysis 14. Parasitology Hendrix 15. Clinical Microbiology 16. Diagnostic Imaging 17. Basic Necropsy Procedures
Part Four: Medical Nursing 18. Diagnostic Sampling and Treatment Techniques 19. Small Animal Medical Nursing 20. Large Animal Medical Nursing 21. Veterinary Oncology 22. Neonatal Care of Puppy, Kitten, and Foal 23. Care of Birds, Reptiles and Small Mammals 24. Physical Therapy, Rehabilitation, and Alternative Medical Nursing
Part Five: Emergency and Critical Care 25. Fluid Therapy and Transfusion Medicine 26. Emergency & Critical Care Nursing 27. Toxicology 28. Wound Management and Bandaging
Part Six: Anesthesia, Analgesia and Pharmacology 29. Pharmacology and Pharmacy 30. Pain Management 31. Veterinary Anesthesia
Part Seven: Surgical Nursing 32. Surgical instruments and Aseptic Technique 33. Surgical Assistance and Suture Material 34. Small Animal Surgical Nursing 35. Large Animal Surgical Nursing 36. Veterinary Dentistry
Part Eight: End of Life 37. Geriatric and Hospice Care: Supporting the Aged and Dying Patient 38. The Human Animal Bond and Euthanasia
Joanna M. Bassert, VMD, Professor Emeritus
Program of Veterinary Technology
Jenkintown, PA and John Thomas, DVM, Assistant Professor, Veterinary Technology, Cuyahoga Community College, Cleveland, OH