Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing for Modern Dental Assisting (Retail Access Card), 12th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Bird’s Modern Dental Assisting, 12th Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is the fun and engaging way to focus your study time and effectively prepare for class, course exams, and summative exams. Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is comprised of a bank of high-quality practice questions that allows you to advance at your own pace — based on your performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter. A comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your progress and stay motivated.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Unfolding questions become progressively more complex as students advance to higher levels, incorporating concepts such as delegation, multi-system diseases, or complicating conditions to help students strengthen their critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- UNIQUE! Essential test-taking tips and strategies help students learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and summative exams.
- Confidence level indicators allow students to indicate their confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where students might be overconfident and require further study.
- UNIQUE! Students can practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- UNIQUE! In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, summary tables, and study tips to engage students with different learning styles and reinforce challenging material.
- The engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that students and educators can navigate through the program with ease.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter allow students to progress from one level to the next based on individual performance.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable summative exam preparation.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows each individual to view their personal learning progress with summaries of their strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
PART 1: The Dental Assisting Profession
1. History of Dentistry
2. The Professional Dental Assistant
3. The Dental Healthcare Team
4. Dental Ethics
5. Dentistry and the Law
PART 2: Sciences in Dentistry
6. General Anatomy
7. General Physiology
8. Oral Embryology and Histology
9. Head and Neck Anatomy
10. Landmarks of the Face and Oral Cavity
11. Overview of the Dentitions
12. Tooth Morphology
PART 3: Oral Health and Prevention of Dental Disease
13. Dental Caries
14. Periodontal Disease
15. Preventive Dentistry
17. Oral Pathology
PART 4: Infection Prevention in Dentistry
19. Disease Transmission and Infection Prevention
20. Principles and Techniques of Disinfection
21. Principles and Techniques of Instrument Processing and Sterilization
PART 5: Occupational Health and Safety
22. Regulatory and Advisory Agencies
23. Chemical and Waste Management
24. Dental Unit Waterlines
PART 6: Patient Information and Assessment
26. The Patient Record
27. Vital Signs
28. Oral Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
29. The Special Needs and Medically Compromised Patient
30. Principles of Pharmacology
31. Assisting in a Medical Emergency
PART 7: Foundation of Clinical Dentistry
32. The Dental Office
33. Delivering Dental Care
34. Dental Hand Instruments
35. Dental Handpieces and Accessories
36. Moisture Control
37. Anesthesia and Pain Control
PART 8: Radiographic Imaging
38. Foundations of Radiography, Radiographic Equipment, and Radiologic Safety
39. Dental Imaging, Dental Film, and Processing Radiographs
40. Legal Issues, Quality Assurance, and Infection Prevention
41. Intraoral Imaging
42. Extraoral Imaging
PART 9: Dental Materials
43. Restorative and Esthetic Dental Materials
44. Dental Liners, Bases, and Bonding Systems
45. Dental Cements
46. Impression Materials
47. Laboratory Materials and Procedures
PART 10: Assisting in Comprehensive Dental Care
48. General Dentistry
49. Matrix Systems for Restorative Dentistry
50. Fixed Prosthodontics
51. Provisional Coverage
52. Removable Prosthodontics
53. Dental Implants
56. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
57. Pediatric Dentistry
58. Coronal Polishing
59. Dental Sealants
PART 11: Dental Administration and Communication Skills
61. Communication in the Dental Office
62. Business Operating Systems
63. Financial Management in the Dental Office
64. Marketing Your Skills
Doni L. Bird, CDA, RDA, RDH, MA, Faculty, Allied Dental Education Program, Santa Rosa Junior College, Santa Rosa, CA, Debbie S. Robinson, CDA, MS, Research Assistant Professor and Research Study Coordinator, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC and Elsevier